Choosing your replacement card
Your Mastercard® credit card account is closing
- To keep your account open, choose a replacement Mastercard from the list below and submit a product transfer request before 22 February 2021.
- Depending on which card you select, your fees and charges may change.
- If you do not take action your card account will be closed on 22 February 2021. Please refer to the communication we sent you for further details.
Your next steps
1. Choosing a replacement Mastercard
You can find details on all our Westpac credit cards below.
2. Request a Product Transfer
Log in to Westpac Online Banking via your desktop, using the above link, select your current Mastercard credit card number then “change product” option.1 If you are using an “offer code” enter this under “special offer code” box in the online form.
3. Receive your card
Allow for up to 3 weeks to process your request and receive your replacement card. Please activate it within 30 days or before 22 February 2021 (whichever is earlier) or your card account may close.
What type of card are you looking for?
Low rate credit cards
Everyday credit with our lowest interest rates on purchases.
Rewards and frequent flyer credit cards
Earn Altitude, Qantas or Velocity Points with a Westpac Altitude card.
Low annual fee credit cards
Everyday credit with no annual card fee in the first year.
Frequently asked questions
How can I keep my account open?
- You can request a product transfer to another Mastercard. You’ll need to do this before 22 February 2021. Please review the card products shown above and select the card that best suits you. You’ll then need to complete a product transfer form by logging into Westpac Online Banking using the above links.
- Or, you can log in to Westpac Online Banking separately and under the account details section of your current card account, click ‘more’, then navigate to ‘change your credit card type’ and follow the prompts.
- If the card that you have selected includes an offer code, simply enter the code where prompted when completing the product transfer form online. Please note that this offer will have an expiry date separate to your card account closure date. Please refer to the terms and conditions of the offer in the communications we sent you.
What to consider before changing your card
It's a good idea to think about how you’ll be using your credit card before making the decision to change to a different card. You can compare our credit cards to find a card that suits you by the viewing the list above.
Applications for a product switch are subject to approval criteria, including that you comply with the Terms and Conditions of your current credit card account available at Westpac.com.au. You can only transfer to another Westpac issued credit card. Please note, minimum credit limit applies for product switch applications which can be found here.
Is a product transfer request the same as applying for a new credit card?
Please note, applications for a product switch are subject to approval criteria, including that you comply with the Terms and Conditions of your current credit card account available . You can only transfer to another Westpac issued credit card. If you choose to switch to a Platinum or Black credit card you must currently have at least the minimum credit limit for your chosen card on your existing card. The minimum credit limits are listed here.
How long will it take to process my product transfer request?
It can take up to 3 weeks to process your request and send the replacement Mastercard to you. Please activate it within 30 days or before 22 February 2021 (whichever is earlier) or your card account may close.
You’ll need to continue to make any credit card repayments due during this time. Once your product transfer request is processed any outstanding balance will be transferred over to the replacement Mastercard.
What happens once I’ve submitted my product transfer?
- If your request is approved, we’ll send you a variation to your credit contract, the terms and conditions relevant to your new card(s), and instructions for how to activate your card.
- When the card is activated, any additional cardholders on the old account prior to the request to switch will also be switched to the new account.
Activating your card will confirm your acceptance of the variation to your credit contract, and the balance of your existing card will be transferred to your new credit card. Your current PIN will still work and your new card account will appear in Online Banking in the next couple of business days.
If you don’t activate your card within 30 days or before 22 February 2021 (whatever is earlier) your credit card account may be closed.
Will my fees and charges stay the same?
Your fees and charges may change depending on the card you choose to request a product transfer to. You can find the fees and charges of each card listed above.
Once my replacement card arrives what will I need to do?
Please activate your replacement card as soon as it arrives. You can do this via Westpac Online Banking or by following the instructions we send to you along with your replacement Mastercard.
What happens to my regular payments?
Once you receive your replacement card, you will need to update your credit card details anywhere you have your current Mastercard credit card number stored. Otherwise, there is a risk that important payments will not be honoured. Changes to consider include:
- Monthly or weekly ‘Pay Anyone’ and BPAY payments as well as regular payments where you have supplied your credit card number. For example, payments for insurance policies, electricity bills, and health insurance.
- Annual subscriptions and membership fees such as gym memberships.
- Childcare fees or regular charity payments.
- Anywhere you have your card number stored online, including shopping websites, Foxtel, Uber and PayPal, plus digital wallets like Samsung Pay™, Google Pay™and Garmin Pay.
For more information on regular payments, visit westpac.com.au/transferring-regular-payments
Do I have to update my Online Banking?
No. Once you activate your replacement Mastercard, you’ll see it when you sign into Online Banking. You won’t need to re-register or update any Online Banking details.
Will I still have access to my past statements through Westpac Online Banking?
Yes. You’ll still be able to view your past statements on your current Mastercard account, under Statements > Closed Accounts. You can also order statements for the past seven years, charges may apply, call Customer Care on 1800 080 003. Remember to download and save your statements for your records.
Will this replacement affect or change my credit rating?
Can I request a Visa card instead?
No, we no longer offer Visa consumer credit cards.
What happens if I lose my Mastercard before my replacement Mastercard arrives?
If your Mastercard is lost or stolen, simply call +61 2 9155 7722, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, or visit a branch.
Will my additional cardholder also receive a replacement Mastercard?
Yes, both the primary and additional cardholders will receive a replacement Mastercard. We will send the additional cardholder’s card to the primary cardholder’s address. Remember the primary cardholder will need to activate their card for all the cards linked to the account to work.
Where will my replacement Mastercard be sent?
We will send your replacement Mastercard to the nominated address we have for your credit card account. Remember we will send the secondary cardholder’s card to the primary cardholder’s address. If you think the address we have for you is out of date, please call our dedicated line on 1800 080 003 and we can update the address for you.
What if I live outside Australia?
If you live in a country other than Australia, your card will be sent to the nominated address we have for your credit card account. If you would like to update your address, please call us on +61 2 9155 7700.
How do I activate my replacement Mastercard?
You can activate your replacement Mastercard via Online Banking, by calling 1300 308 930, or by visiting your local branch.
Things you should know
1. Product Transfer: Applications for a product transfer are subject to approval criteria, including that you comply with the Terms and Conditions of your current credit card account available You can only transfer to another Westpac issued credit card. Please note, minimum credit limits apply for product transfer applications which can be found here.
2. Product Transfer Offer: This offer is only available to the addressee of this communications we sent, when they request a product transfer and use offer code LSMTX before 25 January 2021. Applications for a product transfer are subject to approval criteria, including that you comply with the Terms and Conditions of your current credit card account at available . You can only transfer to another Westpac issued credit card. Please note, minimum credit limits apply for product transfer applications which can be found here. This offer may be varied or withdrawn at any time and is not available in conjunction with any other offer. This information is general in nature and has been prepared without taking your objectives, needs and overall financial situation into account. For this reason, you should consider the appropriateness of the information to your own circumstance and if necessary seek appropriate professional advice.
3. Complimentary lounge passes disclaimers:
Priority Pass Membership: Available to Westpac Altitude Black primary cardholders earning Altitude Points through the Altitude Rewards program. Requires enrolment through prioritypass.com/westpacblack. The Primary Cardholder receives two complimentary visits in any 12-month period, one of which may be used by an accompanying guest. Subsequent visits in the 12-month period incur an additional cost, currently US$32 per person, per visit, which will be automatically charged to the primary cardholder's Altitude Black card. A Westpac Foreign Transaction Fee will apply to the conversion amount. Unused visits expire and cannot be carried forward to any subsequent year. Visit the Contact Us page on www.prioritypass.com for enquiries about the Priority Pass program. Subject to the Priority Pass Conditions Of Use.
Qantas Club Complimentary Lounge Invitations: As a Westpac Altitude Black card cardholder earning Qantas Points, you are eligible for two Qantas Club Complimentary Invitations within each 12-month period of your anniversary registration date when you register your Altitude Black card via loungepass.altitudeblack.com.au and use your card in Australia to purchase selected Qantas products and services. Selected Qantas products and services are the following items purchased directly from Qantas: Qantas passenger flights (with a QF flight number), Qantas Frequent Flyer and Qantas Club membership joining and annual fees. Excludes Jetstar, Qantas Holidays, Qantas branded non-airfare products and any Qantas products and services not purchased directly from Qantas.
The Qantas Club Complimentary Invitations will be made available within 14 business days of meeting eligible spend via the Qantas Complimentary Invitations Portal, provided you are not in breach of the and your account remains open. Log in to the portal using your Qantas Frequent Flyer account to access your invitation, link it with an eligible Qantas flight booking, or to find out more information. To receive your Complimentary Invitations, you must have provided Westpac with your Qantas Frequent Flyer Number. If you have not yet registered for your complimentary Qantas Frequent Flyer Membership, you may join at qantas.com/joinffwestpac.
Qantas Club Complimentary Invitations are provided courtesy of Westpac, and are valid for Qantas Club and Qantas operated International Business Lounges only (excluding Los Angeles Tom Bradley Airport lounge). Not valid in International First Class lounges, Chairman's Lounge, Qantas Domestic Business, Qantas oneworld® alliance airline, partner airline or associated lounges. Each invitation is valid for a single visit before the expiry date specified on the invitation, when travelling with Qantas or Jetstar with a Qantas (QF) or Jetstar (JQ, 3K, GK, BL) flight number. Qantas Club Complimentary Invitations must not be resold. Qantas reserves the right to cancel invitations and disqualify future invitations that are in breach of this policy.
Access and use is subject to Qantas Club rules which are available at qantas.com/qantasclub. Access may not be available if the applicable lounge is full or near capacity, at the full discretion of lounge staff. Access and use of Qantas Club lounges is subject to Qantas Club terms and conditions.
5. Complimentary insurance covers: AWP Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177 AFSL 245631 (trading as Allianz Global Assistance) under a binder from the insurer, Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708 has issued an insurance group policy to Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714 (Westpac) which allows eligible Westpac cardholders to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. Any advice on insurance is general advice only and not based on any consideration of your objectives, financial situation or needs. The terms, conditions, limits and exclusions of the group policy are set out in the which may be amended from time to time. Westpac does not guarantee this insurance.
6. Rewards Points: The earning and redemption of Altitude Points, Velocity Points and Qantas Points are subject to the Altitude Terms and Conditions. Purchases that are not eligible to earn Rewards Points are set out in the Altitude Terms and Conditions. You do not receive points if your card account is in arrears for 2 consecutive statement cycles and in other circumstances. Refer to the Altitude Terms and Conditions for information on how you earn points on transactions. Velocity and Qantas Points earned during a statement cycle are added to your respective Points balance on a monthly basis.
Altitude Rewards: You must be a member of the relevant frequent flyer program to redeem Altitude Points for frequent flyer points. The Altitude Terms and Conditions and the terms and conditions of the relevant frequent flyer program apply. A joining fee may apply. Availability of Reward flights may be limited. For more information on the Altitude Rewards program, visit altituderewards.com.au.
Altitude Velocity or Qantas: In order to earn and redeem points, you must be a member of the relevant Frequent Flyer program. An annual $50 Rewards fee applies for customers who choose this option.
Qantas products and services: Selected Qantas products and services are Qantas passenger flights with a QF flight number purchased directly from Qantas.com; Qantas Frequent Flyer and Qantas Club membership joining and/ or annual fees. For full Qantas Frequent Flyer Terms and Conditions, visit Qantas.com/terms.
Concierge Services for Altitude Black. Concierge services are provided by a third party supplier. For further details including terms and conditions visit www.westpac.tenconcierge.com
7. Refer to the Credit Card Terms and Conditions available at Westpac.com.au. If you have regular payments (also known as direct debits) on your account, some of these payments may still be charged to your card account.
*Low Fee annual card fee waiver: $0 annual card fee is available for the first year and every year afterwards when you apply and are approved for a new ‘Low Fee’ or ‘Low Fee Platinum’ credit card. To qualify, you must meet the spend criteria on eligible purchases ($5,000 or more for a Low Fee card / $10,000 or more for a Low Fee Platinum card) in each 12-month period, starting from the date you made your first transaction.
Mastercard® is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.