Upgrade to Altitude Platinum
Special offer for a limited time
Annual card fee: $99 for the first year (usually $150)~
Annual membership fee: $50 (when you select Altitude Qantas or Altitude Velocity)
Variable purchase rate: 20.49% p.a.
Variable cash advance rate: 21.49% p.a.
Interest free days on purchases: Up to 45
Minimum credit limit: $6,000
Minimum income required: $30,000
Upgrades only, offer not available to existing Altitude Platinum credit card customers. Exclusions apply.
Choose your rewards program:
How to upgrade
Via Online Banking
You can upgrade your credit card within Online Banking.
You’ll need your 8 digit customer number, password and promotional code.
Call us on 1300 651 089 and quote your promotional code when upgrading.
Visit a Westpac branch and quote your promotional code when upgrading.
Things you should know
Conditions, fees and credit criteria apply. Offer only available to the addressees of related offer email communication. This promotion may be varied or withdrawn at any time and is not available in conjunction with any other promotion. This information is general in nature and has been prepared without taking your objectives, needs and overall financial situation into account. For this reason, you should consider the appropriateness of the information to your own circumstances and, if necessary, seek appropriate professional advice.
~The discounted first year annual card fee promotion is available when you are an existing Westpac credit cardholder, apply and are approved for an upgrade to a new Altitude Platinum credit card before the offer end date. The first full annual card fee will be debited on the 12-month anniversary of the first transaction on your account and annually thereafter.
1. Rewards Points: The earning and redemption of Altitude Points, Qantas Points and Velocity Points is subject to the Altitude Terms and Conditions. Purchases that are not eligible to earn Rewards Points are set out in the Altitude Terms and Conditions. For example: payments to the Australian Taxation Office, cash advances, BPAY and BPAY equivalent transactions do not earn Reward Points. You do not receive points if your card account is in arrears for 2 consecutive statement cycles and in other circumstances.
Altitude Rewards: You must be a member of the relevant frequent flyer program to redeem Altitude Points for frequent flyer points. The Altitude Rewards Terms and Conditions and the terms and conditions of the relevant frequent flyer program apply. A joining fee may apply. Availability of Reward flights may be limited. For more information on the Altitude Rewards program, visit altituderewards.com.au.
Altitude Qantas: In order to earn and redeem points, you must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. An annual $50 Qantas Rewards card fee applies for customers who choose to earn Qantas Points through Altitude Qantas rewards program.
Altitude Velocity: In order to earn and redeem points, you must be a member of the Velocity Frequent Flyer program. An annual $50 Velocity Rewards fee applies for customers who choose to earn Velocity Points through the Altitude Velocity rewards program.
2. Westpac Extras: The Westpac Extras program is subject to the terms and conditions at Westpac.com.au/extras. Offers will also be subject to their own terms and conditions.
3. Complimentary insurance covers: AWP Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177 AFSL 245631 (trading as Allianz Global Assistance) under a binder from the insurer, Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708 has issued an insurance group policy to Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714 (Westpac) which allows eligible Westpac cardholders to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. Any advice on insurance is general advice only and not based on any consideration of your objectives, financial situation or needs. The terms, conditions, limits and exclusions of the group policy are set out in the which may be amended from time to time. Westpac does not guarantee this insurance.
4. Economy X Seat Upgrade Vouchers Two complimentary Economy X Seat Upgrade Vouchers (for eligible domestic flights only) are available to Westpac Altitude Platinum Mastercard and Westpac Altitude Black Mastercard primary cardholders earning Velocity Points through the Altitude Velocity rewards program. To be eligible, your card account must not be in arrears for more than two consecutive statement cycles in accordance with the Altitude Terms and Conditions, you must have provided Westpac with your Velocity Frequent Flyer number and you have made a direct spend with Virgin Australia on your Altitude Platinum Mastercard or Altitude Black Mastercard every year from card open date. Economy X Seat Upgrade Vouchers are valid for 12 months from date of issuance and will appear on your Velocity Frequent Flyer membership account within 10 business days of meeting eligible spend. Economy X Seat Upgrades are available to other passengers travelling on the same itinerary with the primary cardholder. To redeem, book an eligible domestic flight on your Altitude Platinum Mastercard or Altitude Black Mastercard, then call the Virgin Australia Guest Contact Centre on 1300 038 373 at least 24 hours prior to your flight to apply your Economy X Seat Upgrade Vouchers. You can find out if your flight is eligible by calling Virgin Australia on 1300 038 373.
Voucher benefits cannot be carried forward to any subsequent year. Each Economy X Seat Upgrade Voucher can only be redeemed on an eligible non-stop Virgin Australia operated domestic Australian flight. The Economy X Upgrade Voucher is valid per single flight sector only. The flight on which the Economy X Seat Upgrade Voucher is redeemed may be part of a multi-flight itinerary but the Economy X Seat Upgrade Voucher can be applied to only one flight sector. All Economy X Seat Upgrade Voucher redemptions are subject to availability and neither Virgin Australia nor Westpac guarantee that Economy X seats will be available on the flight you may wish to redeem on. Economy X seat availability may be limited to certain dates and/or flights and it may be more difficult to book seats around public holidays, school holidays or special events. All travel is subject to the Virgin Australia Fare Conditions and Virgin Australia Conditions of Carriage as amended from time to time. No Velocity Points or Status Credits will be awarded for Economy X Seat Upgrade Voucher redemptions.
Economy X Seat Upgrade Voucher redemption is subject to the Westpac Altitude Velocity Platinum Mastercard and Westpac Altitude Velocity Black Mastercard Economy X Seat Upgrade Voucher Conditions. All travel is subject to the Economy X Standard Terms and Conditions.
5. Accelerated Earn – Flights: Applies only to flights purchased directly with the participating airlines listed above using your Altitude Platinum Mastercard. Excludes flights not purchased directly with the participating airlines in Australia, for example flights purchased through a travel agent, online aggregators, or other airlines such as a code-share etc. Excludes Altitude Qantas and Altitude Velocity Cards. Participating airlines are subject to change.