Westpac Lite Card
Why Westpac Lite Card?
- Keep your credit light with a limit of $500 to $4,000.
- Enjoy our lowest interest rate on your card purchases.
- No fees for foreign transactions or late payments.
- Plan today for yesterday’s purchases – set up a repayment plan with SmartPlan.
Simple fee structure
A monthly card fee and fewer transaction fees than other Westpac credit cards.
Low variable interest rate
Pay an interest rate of only 9.90% p.a. on purchases you make with the card.
Interest free days
Up to 45 days interest free on purchases when you pay the closing balance by the statement due date each month. Remember – you must pay the monthly fee each month, even if you don’t make any purchases, to access interest free days.
Add one additional cardholder (16 years or older) at no extra cost.1
More reasons to choose a Westpac credit card
When you combine your Westpac Lite Card with our online banking experience, you can:
- See your card balance at a glance with Quick Balance
- Log in quickly and securely using fingerprint login
- Leave your card at home and tap and pay with a Mobile Wallet
- Make automatic credit card repayments easy, with Card Autopay
- Take the hassle out of cancelling a card you later find, by placing a temporary lock on it in seconds
Rates and fees
|Variable interest rate on purchases||9.90% p.a.|
|Cash advances/withdrawals fee||Cash advances not available|
|Monthly card fee||$9|
|Foreign transaction fee||0%|
|Late payment fee||$0|
|Duplicate statement fee||$7.50 may be debited from your credit card account if you, or an additional cardholder, orders a copy of a statement that has already been issued for your account. This fee is debited from your account on or after the day you order the duplicate statement.|
|Non-Westpac Group ATM fee||Although not a Westpac fee, using your card in a non-Westpac Group ATM may result in a charge to you. Avoid this fee by using one of Westpac’s extensive network of 2,900 ATMs across Australia (including any St.George, BankSA and Bank of Melbourne ATMs). Find a Westpac Group ATM.|
|Credit card surcharge||In some instances, businesses may administer a ‘surcharge’ for credit card payments. Usually, these are a percentage fee of your purchase amount. Ask the merchant if a surcharge applies and how much it is before paying if you’re unsure.|
Not right? Try this
Our Low Rate Card offers a higher credit limit and lower card fee per year.
Things you should know
Credit criteria, fees and charges apply.
1. The account holder (primary cardholder) is liable for all transactions made on the primary card as well as the transactions made on any additional cards associated with the account.
Balance transfers into the Westpac Lite Card are not available.
SmartPlan Disclaimer: SmartPlan requires monthly payments to be made for the term calculated and at the applicable interest rate when the SmartPlan is entered into. All payments made to your account will be applied first to any SmartPlan instalments. Therefore debts accruing a higher interest rate maybe left unpaid during the SmartPlan term. Your balance transfer must have a maximum of 36 months and a remaining term of at least 3 months to be eligible for a SmartPlan. See SmartPlan for more details.
Be credit savvy: Before applying, consider a realistic credit limit and check all conditions, interest rates, fees and charges on your selected card.
Westpac is the credit provider and credit licensee under National Consumer Credit Laws.
Samsung is a trademark of Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.