Let’s recap on your choice of a Low Rate card – before you start your application.
The important numbers
|Ongoing annual card fee||$59|
|Variable purchase rate||13.74% p.a.|
|Variable cash advance rate||21.49% p.a.|
|Minimum credit limit||$500|
What you'll get
- A lower interest rate on purchases than our Rewards cards
- A lower annual card fee than our Rewards cards
- Up to 55 days interest-free on purchases²
- A higher interest rate on purchases than our Lite card
- A higher annual card fee than our Low Fee card
- No rewards points or complimentary insurances
A final check that this is the right credit option for you. Credit cards are a secure payment method for short-term borrowing needs such as everyday purchases or unplanned expenses, with some cards offering additional features like rewards. However, there are instances where it might be worth considering another form of credit:
- You have a longer-term or specific borrowing need, like a car or home renovations; Personal loans
- You want a repayment schedule with fixed repayments and a defined loan end-date; Personal loans
- You need ongoing help with short-term cashflow (and if applying online, already have a Westpac Home Loan, or paid your income into one of our transaction or savings accounts for over six months); Flexi Loan.
Things you should know
Credit criteria, fees and charges apply. Switches, upgrades or Westpac group staff are ineligible.
This promotion may be varied or withdrawn at any time and is not available in conjunction with any other promotion.
Be credit savvy: Before applying, consider a realistic credit limit and check all conditions, interest rates, fees and charges on your selected card.
<Low Rate Cashback promotion: the cashback offer is available when you apply and are approved for a new Westpac Low Rate credit card between 31st August 2021 and 30th November 2021, and spend $4,000 or more on eligible purchases within 4 months (120 days) from card approval. Eligible purchases do not include interest, fees, charges, cash or ATM cash advances, cash equivalent transactions, gambling transactions, a purchase from or payment to a local, state or federal government or government related agency, BPAY or similar transactions (such as Post Billpay), refunds and balance transfers debited to the card account. Only one cashback will be paid per customer. $400 cashback will be paid as a statement credit to your Low Rate credit card account within 60 days of meeting the minimum spend criteria. Existing Westpac customers who currently hold a Low Rate or Lite credit card, or who have held one in the last 12 months, are not eligible for this offer.
^^ Low Rate First-Year Annual Card Fee Waiver: is available when you apply and are approved for a new Low Rate credit card between 31st August 2021 and 30th November 2021. After the first year, the $59 annual card fee will be debited to your account annually on the 12-month anniversary of the first transaction on your card account.
2. Interest free period is available on purchases when you pay the Closing Balance (or the Monthly Payment Balance with a balance transfer) in full by the payment due date.