What you're applying for
Let’s recap on your choice of a Low Fee card – before you start your application.
The important numbers
|First year annual card fee||$0|
|Ongoing annual card fee||$30* (or $0 if you spend $5k p.a.)|
|Variable purchase rate||20.09% p.a.|
|Variable cash advance rate||21.49% p.a.|
|Minimum credit limit||$500|
Pay zero interest on purchases for 15 months
Get a new card to take advantage of this purchase rate offer#.
This 0% p.a. interest offer is on purchases for 15 months with a new card.
Following this promotional period, any outstanding balance on purchases and future purchases will revert to our standard rate of 20.09% p.a. Cash advances are excluded from this offer. T&Cs apply.
What you'll get
- A low ongoing annual card fee* (or none with a minimum annual spend)
- Up to 55 days interest-free on purchases²
- Our highest interest rate on purchases
- No rewards points or complimentary insurances
A final check that this is the right credit option for you. Credit cards are a secure payment method for short-term borrowing needs such as everyday purchases or unplanned expenses, with some cards offering additional features like rewards. However, there are instances where it might be worth considering another form of credit:
- You have a longer-term or specific borrowing need, like a car or home renovations. In this case, view our Personal loans
- You want a repayment schedule with fixed repayments and a defined loan end-date. In this case, view our Personal loans
- You need ongoing help with short-term cashflow (and if applying online, already have a Westpac Home Loan, or paid your income into one of our transaction or savings accounts for over six months). In this case, view our Flexi Loan.
Things you should know
Credit criteria, fees and charges apply. Switches, upgrades or Westpac group staff are ineligible.
This promotion may be varied or withdrawn at any time and is not available in conjunction with any other promotion.
Be credit savvy: Before applying, consider a realistic credit limit and check all conditions, interest rates, fees and charges on your selected card.
*Low Fee annual card fee waiver: $0 card fee is available for the first year and every year afterwards when you apply and are approved for a new ‘Low Fee’ credit card. To qualify, you must meet the spend criteria on eligible purchases ($5,000 or more for a Low Fee card) in each 12-month period, starting from the date you made your first transaction.
#Purchase Rate Promotion: The special promotional rate of 0% p.a. on purchases for 15 months applies from card approval when you apply and are approved for a new Low Fee credit card between 19th October 2021 and 30th June 2022. After 15 months the rate will switch to the variable purchase rate then applicable to your card account.
2. Interest free period is available on purchases when you pay the Closing Balance (or the Monthly Payment Balance with a balance transfer) in full by the payment due date.