Help take your rewards to new heights.
Why the American Express Westpac Altitude Platinum Card?
You can earn Qantas Points fast and continue to pool your points.1
- Special offer: Receive 15,000 Qantas Points when you apply by the date specified in your invitation, are approved and spend $3,000 on eligible purchases within 90 days of Card approval. 2
- Annual Card fee: $49
Issued and serviced by American Express.
Accelerated points earn.
Earn 1.5 Qantas Points for every $1 spent on eligible purchases in foreign currency, 1 Qantas Point for every $1 spent on eligible purchases in Australia.
Plus, enjoy uncapped points1.
Earn bonus points.
Receive 15,000 bonus Qantas Points when you apply by the date specified in your invitation, are approved and spend $3,000 on eligible purchases within 90 days of Card approval2.
Continue earning accelerated Qantas Points1 into your Qantas Frequent Flyer account.
Access to American Express benefits.
Whether it's shopping, dining, travel or entertainment there's an Amex Offer with your name on it. Amex Invites opens the door to access pre-sale tickets to some of your favourite artists and includes reserved seating offers.
Earn your Qantas Points1 fast and continue to pool your points.
- Receive 15,000 bonus Qantas Points when you apply by the date specified in your invitation, are approved and spend $3,000 on eligible purchases within 90 days of Card approval2.
- Earn 1.5 Qantas Points for every $1 spent on eligible purchases in foreign currency1.
- Earn 1 Qantas Point for every $1 spent on eligible purchases in Australia1.
- Earn 0.5 Qantas Points for every $1 spent at government bodies in Australia such as Australia Post and the Australian Taxation Office1.
- Plus you'll earn 1 additional Qantas Point when you spend on selected Qantas products and services in Australia7.
No points capping1.
Earn unlimited points which means you can take your rewards even further2.
Redeem your Qantas Points5 for:
- Gift vouchers
- Flight upgrades6
- Qantas & Jetstar Any Seat Rewards8.
Correct as at 5 October 2018.
Complimentary insurance covers3.
Overseas travel insurance3.
For overseas trips up to 3 months, overseas travel insurance includes cover for:
- Specified medical expenses incurred overseas
- Loss or damage to personal property (limits apply)
- Limit of $2.5 million of personal liability cover
- Up to $5,000 rental vehicle excess cover as specified in the policy for loss or damage to rental vehicle.
You, your spouse and your dependent children could be automatically covered for Overseas Travel Insurance on your journey when each of you prepay $500 of travel costs on your American Express Westpac Altitude Platinum Card. See for eligibility criteria and full terms and conditions.
Transit accident insurance3.
Get up to $250,000 transit accident insurance cover against specified accidental death or injury sustained while riding as a passenger in a plane, bus, train or ferry – when you have purchased the tickets for the journey using your American Express Westpac Altitude Platinum Card before you leave.
Purchase security insurance3.
When making purchases with your American Express Westpac Altitude Platinum Card, you can buy with confidence. That’s because you could get 3 months cover against loss, theft or accidental damage for a range of personal items, purchased in Australia and overseas.
Extended warranty insurance3.
Get up to 12 months extended warranty insurance cover (in addition to the manufacturer's expressed Australian warranty) on a range of personal items purchased, using your American Express Westpac Altitude Platinum Card.
|Fees payable to American Express (these may change)||Amount|
|Annual Card Fee||$49|
|Additional Card Fee||$0|
|Dishonour Fee||$6 for each dishonour or direct debit rejection.|
|Late Payment Fee||$30|
|Currency Conversion Fee||3.0% of the converted amount.|
Record of Charge Fee
Payable if you or your additional Card Member request a copy of an individual charge.
$7 for charges in Australia.
$10 for other charges.
Additional Statement Fee
Payable if you or your additional Card Member request a copy of an additional posted monthly paper statement.
Over the Counter Fee
Payable if you pay your Card account in person at Australia Post
||Cash advances not available.
|Interest-free Period||Up to 45 days|
Had something different in mind?
Issued and serviced by American Express.
The American Express® Westpac Altitude Black Card
Get a high points earn rate, and even more premium benefits.
Things you should know
The invitation to apply for the American Express Westpac Altitude Card is for the intended recipient only and this invitation is not transferable. You must apply by the invitation expiry date displayed in the email or letter you received.
Credit criteria, fees and charges apply.
Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714.
American Express Westpac Altitude Cards are issued and administered by American Express Australia Limited ABN 92 108 952 085, Australian Credit Licence No. 291313® Registered Trademark of American Express Company.
American Express will pay a monthly commission to Westpac in relation to your account. As the commission is dependent on all American Express Westpac Altitude customers' use of their Cards, the amount is not ascertainable. Applicable fees and charges on your American Express® Westpac Altitude Card will be payable to American Express. You will not pay any fees or charges to Westpac in relation to your American Express® Westpac Altitude Card.
1. Qantas Points: You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program to earn and redeem points. Membership and Qantas Points are subject to the terms and conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. Qantas Points are earned on Eligible Purchases in accordance with and subject to the as long as your account remains current and in good standing. Eligible purchases do not include cash advances, interest, balance transfers, fees and charges for traveller’s cheques and foreign currencies. For the full list of exclusions, please refer to the American Express Westpac Altitude Cards Points Terms and Conditions available at . Government: Merchants classified as “government” include the Australian Taxation Office, the Australian Postal Corporation (Australia Post), federal/state and local government bodies.
2. Bonus points promotion: Offer only available to selected Westpac Altitude and Earth cardholders who apply online for the new American Express Westpac Altitude Platinum Card between 28th November 2018 to 2nd April 2019, or by the dates specified in your invitation, whichever comes first, are approved and spend $3,000 on eligible purchases on their new Card within 90 days of Card approval. Eligible purchases do not include cash advances, interest, balance transfers, fees and charges for traveller’s cheques and foreign currencies. For the full list of exclusions, please refer to the American Express Westpac Altitude Cards Points Terms and Conditions available at . Bonus Qantas Points will be awarded to the eligible Card Member’s account 8-10 weeks after the spend criteria have been met. This advertised offer is not applicable or valid in conjunction with any other advertised or promotional offer and is only available to customers who have received a direct communication from Westpac about the offer. This is a limited time offer which may be withdrawn or changed at any time without notice.
3. Complimentary insurance covers: The American Express® Westpac Altitude Card insurance is subject to terms, conditions and exclusions (such as maximum age limits, pre-existing medical conditions and cover limits) - see the full terms and conditions available at . You must use your American Express Westpac Altitude Card to prepay $500 of travel costs in order to be covered under the overseas travel insurance. AWP Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177, AFSL 245631 (trading as Allianz Global Assistance) under a binder from the underwriter, Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850, AFSL 234708, has issued an insurance group policy to Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714 (Westpac). This communication does not take into account your objectives or financial situation
4. Qantas & Partner Classic Reward Seats: Classic Flight Rewards are subject to capacity controls and availability is limited. The number of seats available depends on the flight, date, season and destination. Some flights may not have any Classic Reward seats available. For Classic Reward flights, taxes, fees and carrier charges are payable in addition to the points required, are subject to change and are quoted at the time of booking. Reward flights must be booked at least 24 hours before scheduled departure (and other advance booking requirements may apply). For more information see qantas.com/classicflightrewards
6. Classic Upgrade Rewards are available from Classic Flight Rewards in Economy and Premium Economy and eligible paid and confirmed Qantas domestic and international flights, with a QF flight number on your ticket and from time to time on codeshare flights operated by another carrier that have a Qantas (QF) flight number on your ticket. Classic Upgrade Rewards are subject to capacity controls and availability is limited. Classic Upgrade Rewards are not available from all fare types. See qantas.com/classicupgraderewards for details.
7. Qantas products and services: Selected Qantas products and services are Qantas passenger flights (with a QF flight number) purchased on the Qantas merchant account, i.e. directly with Qantas or some travel agents, and Qantas Frequent Flyer and Qantas Club membership joining and annual fees apply. Excludes Jetstar, Qantas Holidays, Qantas branded non airfare products, Qantas Freight and Qantas Staff Travel. For full Qantas Frequent Flyer Terms and Conditions, visit qantas.com/terms.
8. Qantas & Jetstar Any Seat Rewards are available on any flight with a QF or JQ flight number. The points required will be quoted when booked. There is no fixed relationship between the cash price charges by the applicable airline for a seat and the points required to redeem an Any Seat Reward through Qantas Frequent Flyer. Special promotional fares may not apply. Reward flights must be booked at least 24 hours before scheduled departure (and other advanced booking requirements may apply). For more information see qantas.com/frequentflyer. The Jetstar Any Seat Rewards booking service is operated by Carlson Marketing Group (Aust) Pty Ltd trading as Carlson Leisure Travel Service Licence No. 2TA 5778, IATA 02-3-59523.
For more information on the Qantas Frequent Flyer program, visit qantas.com/frequentflyer.