This is where your rewards come to life.
Why the American Express Westpac Altitude Platinum Card?
You can earn Altitude Points fast and continue to pool your points1.
- $0 Annual Card Fee in the first year when you apply by 30th April 2018, saving $49 2.
Issued and serviced by American Express.
Accelerate your points earning.
Earn 3 Altitude Points for every $1 spent on eligible purchases in foreign currency, 2 Altitude Points for every $1 spent on eligible purchases in Australia and 1 Altitude Point for every $1 spent at government bodies in Australia.
Plus, enjoy uncapped points and no points expiry1.
Keep earning accelerated Altitude Points into your existing Altitude rewards account.
Access to American Express benefits.
Whether it's shopping, dining, travel or entertainment there's an Amex Offer with your name on it. Amex Invites opens the door to access pre-sale tickets to some of your favourite artists and includes reserved seating offers.
Earn Altitude Points fast and continue to pool your points.
- Earn 3 Altitude Points for every $1 spent on eligible purchases in foreign currency1.
- Earn 2 Altitude Points for every $1 spent on eligible purchases in Australia1.
- Earn 1 Altitude Point for every $1 spent at government bodies in Australia1.
No points capping and no points expiry1.
Earn unlimited points which means you can take your rewards even further.
So many exciting rewards to choose from:
- Gift vouchers
- Frequent Flyer Points from 5 different programs4:
- Virgin Australia - Velocity
- Singapore Airlines - KrisFlyer
- Malaysia Airlines - Enrich
- Air New Zealand - Airpoints
- Cathay Pacific - AsiaMiles
- Virgin Australia - Velocity
Correct as at 29 January 2018.
More reasons to choose the American Express® Westpac Altitude Platinum Card.
Complimentary insurance covers3.
Overseas travel insurance3.
For overseas trips up to 3 months, overseas travel insurance includes cover for:
- Specified medical expenses incurred overseas
- Loss or damage to personal property (limits apply)
- Limit of $2.5 million of personal liability cover
- Up to $5,000 rental vehicle excess cover as specified in the policy for loss or damage to rental vehicle.
You, your spouse and your dependant children could be automatically covered for overseas Travel Insurance on your journey and when each of you prepay $500 of travel costs on your American Express Westpac Altitude Platinum Card. See for full eligibility criteria and full terms and conditions.
Transit accident insurance3.
Get up to $250,000 transit accident insurance cover against specified accidental death or injury sustained while riding as a passenger in a plane, bus, train or ferry – when you have purchased the tickets for the journey using your American Express Westpac Altitude Platinum Card before you leave.
Purchase security insurance3.
When making purchases with your American Express Westpac Altitude Platinum Card, you can buy with confidence. That’s because you could get 3 months cover against loss, theft or accidental damage for a range of personal items, purchased in Australia and overseas.
Extended warranty insurance3.
Get up to 12 months extended warranty insurance cover (in addition to the manufacturer's expressed Australian warranty) on a range of personal items purchased, using your American Express Westpac Altitude Platinum Card.
|Fees payable to American Express (these may change)||Amount|
|Annual Card Fee||
$0 Annual Card Fee for the first year (for existing Westpac Altitude Credit Card customers) when you apply by 30th April 20182.
$49 p.a. thereafter.
|Additional Card Fee||$0|
|Dishonour Fee||$6 for each dishonour or direct debit rejection.|
|Late Payment Fee||$30|
|Currency Conversion Fee||3.0% of the converted amount.|
Record of Charge Fee
Payable if you or your additional Card Member request a copy of an individual charge.
$7 for charges in Australia.
$10 for other charges.
Additional Statement Fee
Payable if you or your additional Card Member request a copy of an additional posted monthly paper statement.
Over the Counter Fee
Payable if you pay your Card account in person at Australia Post.
||Cash advances not available.
|Interest-free Period||Up to 45 days|
Things you should know
This offer and Personal Offer Code are for the intended recipient only and are not transferable. Only customers eligible to apply for the new American Express Westpac Altitude Card will receive a Personal Offer Code.
Credit criteria, fees and charges apply.
Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714.
American Express Westpac Altitude Cards are issued and administered by American Express Australia Limited ABN 92 108 952 085, Australian Credit Licence No. 291313.
American Express will pay a commission to Westpac in relation to your account. As the commission is based on the entire portfolio of American Express Westpac Altitude Cards, the amount is not ascertainable. Fees or charges in relation to this Card are only payable to American Express, not Westpac.
1. Points: The earning of Altitude Points and bonus Altitude Points using an American Express issued Altitude Card is subject to the American Express Westpac Altitude Cards Points Terms and Conditions available at . Redemption of Altitude Points is subject to the Altitude Rewards Terms and Conditions available at altituderewards.com.au. You may not be able to redeem Altitude Points if your Card account is in arrears for 2 consecutive statement cycles and in other circumstances. Eligible purchases do not include cash advances, interest, balance transfers, fees and charges for traveller’s cheques and foreign currencies. For the full list of exclusions, please refer to the American Express Westpac Altitude Cards Points Terms and Conditions available at . Government: Merchants classified as; “government” include the Australian Taxation Office, the Australian Postal Corporation (Australia Post), federal/state and local government bodies.
2. First year Annual Card Fee waiver: The American Express Westpac Altitude Platinum Card will have a $0 introductory Annual Card Fee for the first year of Card Membership for selected eligible Westpac customers only. After the first year, the Annual Card Fee will be $49 per year. Offer only available to new American Express Westpac Altitude Platinum Card Members who apply by 30th April 2018 and are approved. This offer is only for the American Express Westpac Altitude Platinum Card issued by American Express and does not apply to your Westpac-issued credit card.
3. Complimentary insurance covers: The American Express® Westpac Altitude Card insurance is subject to terms, conditions and exclusions (such as maximum age limits, pre-existing medical conditions and cover limits) - see the full terms and conditions available at . You must use your American Express Westpac Altitude Card to prepay $500 of travel costs in order to be covered under the overseas travel insurance. AWP Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177, AFSL 245631 (trading as Allianz Global Assistance) under a binder from the underwriter, Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850, AFSL 234708, has issued an insurance group policy to Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714 (Westpac). This communication does not take into account your objectives or financial situation.
4. Frequent Flyer Program: You must be a member of the relevant frequent flyer program to redeem Altitude Points for frequent flyer points. The Altitude Rewards Terms and Conditions and the terms and conditions of the relevant frequent flyer program apply. A joining fee may apply. Availability of award flights may be limited. For more information on the Altitude Rewards program, visit altituderewards.com.au.