Forgot your wallet? No worries.
Need cash but don’t have your card?
Withdraw cash using your phone from any Westpac, St.George, Bank of Melbourne or BankSA ATM.
To use Cardless Cash just generate a cash code in the Westpac app. Then head to any Westpac, St.George, Bank of Melbourne or Bank SA ATM to withdraw. We can also help you find your nearest ATM within the Westpac app too.
Never be stuck for cash again.
Other great Westpac Choice features?
- Debit Mastercard®
Use your Debit Mastercard ®1 to shop securely online, access cash at ATMs and use PayPass™ to tap and go on purchases under $200 1.
- ATM network at home and overseas
Pay no withdrawal fee at any major bank ATM in Australia (including Westpac, St.George, Bank of Melbourne and BankSA) and over 50,000 ATMs globally via the Global ATM Alliance and partner ATMs (other fees may apply) 2
- Award winning mobile banking
Westpac Live was ranked #1 Mobile Banking app in the world in 2016 by Forrester Research (Global Mobile Banking Functionality Benchmark).
Withdraw cash using your phone3 from any Westpac, St.George, Bank of Melbourne or BankSA ATM
Make purchases with Android Pay™ by simply tapping your mobile at contactless terminals4
|Standard fees (fees may change)||Amount|
|ATM cash withdrawals in Australia (ATM providers may charge a fee – watch out for that!)||$0|
|Overseas Withdrawal Fee from a Global Alliance Partner ATM (for more information on Global Alliance Partners see Accessing your accounts overseas)||$0|
|Overseas Withdrawal Fee from a non-Global Alliance Partner ATM||$5|
|Transactions made in foreign currency, and the merchant or financial institution is located outside Australia||3% of the AUD transaction amount|
|Transactions made in foreign currency, and the merchant or financial institution is located in Australia||2.2% of the AUD transaction amount|
Card on hold
Can’t find your card? Don’t panic, you can temporarily lock it in seconds with Card on Hold while you search7.
Fraud Money Back Guarantee
Shop securely with your debit card. We’ve got your back with 24/7 fraud monitoring and our Fraud Money Back Guarantee8.
Westpac Protect™ SMS Code
Increase your security when banking online by using your mobile phone to confirm certain transactions via text messages.
Safe Online Banking guarantee
If your Westpac account is compromised as a result of Internet fraud, we guarantee to repay any missing funds, providing you comply with our Online Banking Terms and Conditions.
Switch to Westpac
Once you've opened an account with us, switching your banking is now easier than ever.
Connect to your existing bank and import your payees and BPAY® billers into Westpac Internet Banking.
Things you should know
Before making a decision about any of our products or services, please read all the terms and conditions and consider whether the product or service is right for you. Fees and charges apply and may change.
1. Debit Mastercard: You need to be at least 16 years of age, and have an Australian residential address to be eligible for the card. If you're not eligible for a Debit Mastercard, apply for a Handycard to access your account. As at 7 April 2020, the Mastercard PayPass™ transaction limit has been temporarily increased from $100 to $200. This is a temporary increase, that is being progressive rolled out, and will be only available on certain cards and payment terminals at certain retailers. Customers are encouraged to follow the prompts at each terminal to determine whether a PIN is required. This increase to the Mastercard PayPass™ limit is part of an industry-wide response to help reduce the spread of COVID-19.
3. Cardless cash: Get Cash is available on eligible Westpac transaction accounts with a linked debit card. Get Cash limit of 3 withdrawals per day applies, subject to $500 daily withdrawal limit and $1,000 weekly withdrawal limit. Only available at Westpac Group ATMs in Australia. To access cardless cash on your mobile you must be registered to use Westpac Online Banking and download the Westpac Mobile Banking App to use Westpac Mobile Banking on Apple Watch you’ll need to pair your Apple Watch with an iPhone 5 or above with iOS 8.2 or above. You’ll also need the Westpac Mobile Banking app (version 6.1 or above) installed on your iPhone.
4. Android Pay: Read the Android Pay Terms and Conditions before making a decision and consider if it is right for you. Available for eligible cards. To use Android Pay you will need to use a compatible device with a supported operating system.
5. Pay to Mobile: Australian bank accounts only. Terms, Conditions and Limits apply.
6. Finger print login: Fingerprint sign in is available on compatible devices only. Customers must be registered for Westpac online banking and have set up fingerprint ID to use the service.
7. Card on hold: Available on personal credit and Mastercard® debit cards only. Cards to which a temporary lock can be applied will be listed when you sign in to Mobile Banking or Online Banking and visit Lock a card temporarily under Cards services.
8. Westpac Fraud Money Back Guarantee: Customers will be reimbursed for any unauthorised transactions provided that the customer has not contributed to the loss and contacted Westpac promptly.
Mastercard is a registered trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.