Forgot your wallet? No worries.
Need cash but don’t have your card?
Withdraw cash using your phone from any Westpac, St.George, Bank of Melbourne or BankSA ATM.
To use Cardless Cash just generate a cash code in the Westpac app. Then head to any Westpac, St.George, Bank of Melbourne or Bank SA ATM to withdraw. We can also help you find your nearest ATM within the Westpac app too.
Never be stuck for cash again.
Other great Westpac Choice features?
- Debit Mastercard®
Use your Debit Mastercard ®1 to shop securely online, access cash at ATMs and use PayPass™ to tap and go on purchases under $100.
- ATM network at home and overseas
Pay no withdrawal fee at any major bank ATM in Australia (including Westpac, St.George, Bank of Melbourne and BankSA) and over 50,000 ATMs globally via the Global ATM Alliance and partner ATMs (other fees may apply) 2
- Award winning mobile banking
Westpac Live was ranked #1 Mobile Banking app in the world in 2016 by Forrester Research (Global Mobile Banking Functionality Benchmark).
Withdraw cash using your phone3 from any Westpac, St.George, Bank of Melbourne or BankSA ATM
Make purchases with Android Pay™ by simply tapping your mobile at contactless terminals4
|Standard fees (fees may change)||Amount|
|Online Banking withdrawal||$0|
|Telephone Banking withdrawal (automated or staff assisted)||$0|
|Westpac, St.George, BankSA, Bank of Melbourne ATM withdrawal||$0|
|Non-Westpac, St.George, BankSA, Bank of Melbourne ATMs within Australia cash withdrawal or balance enquiry - however the ATM owner may apply an ATM operator fee||$0|
|Periodical payments (Additional fees apply for periodical payments made by bank cheque and international periodical payments)||$0|
|Branch staff assisted withdrawal||$0|
|Dishonour of cheques written or direct debits||$5
|Periodical payment not made fee||$5|
|Account overdrawn fee||$15|
|Standard fees (fees may change)||Amount|
|Overseas ATM balance enquiry from a non-Global Alliance Partner ATM||$0|
|Overseas ATM balance enquiry from a Global Alliance Partner ATM||$0|
|Overseas ATM cash withdrawal from a non-Global Alliance Partner ATM||$5|
|Overseas ATM cash withdrawal from a Global Alliance Partner ATM||$0|
|Westpac Foreign Transaction Fee||Depends on transaction type - see below|
Westpac Foreign Transaction Fee
The Westpac Foreign Transaction Fee is payable and will be incorporated into the $AUD transaction amount shown on your statement. The fee charged will either be:
a) 3% of the $AUD transaction amount where a transaction is made in foreign currency and the merchant or financial institution accepting the card is located outside Australia (comprising of 2% Westpac Processing Fee plus 1% Westpac On-Charged Scheme Fee); or
b) 2.2% of the $AUD transaction amount where a transaction is made in foreign currency and the merchant or financial institution accepting the card is located in Australia (comprising of 2% Westpac Processing Fee plus 0.2% Westpac On-Charged Scheme Fee).
Global Alliance Partners
For more information on participating Global Alliance Partners in designated countries, see Accessing your accounts overseas.
Credit Cardholders who currently withdraw money from linked Westpac account via credit card, it is important to know that this functionality may not be available when using overseas ATMs, including Global Alliance ATMs. To ensure access to Savings and/or Cheque account funds when overseas please speak to us about obtaining a Debit Mastercard®. Go to our Debit Mastercard page or visit a Westpac branch. Terms and Conditions and Fees and charges may apply.
Card on hold
Can’t find your card? Don’t panic, you can temporarily lock it in seconds with Card on Hold while you search7.
Fraud Money Back Guarantee
Shop securely with your debit card. We’ve got your back with 24/7 fraud monitoring and our Fraud Money Back Guarantee8.
Westpac Protect™ SMS Code
Increase your security when banking online by using your mobile phone to confirm certain transactions via text messages.
Safe Online Banking guarantee
If your Westpac account is compromised as a result of Internet fraud, we guarantee to repay any missing funds, providing you comply with our Online Banking Terms and Conditions.
Plus, you could enjoy access to
Student or Youth Discount Card
Save on thousands of share-worthy travel experiences
Open a new Westpac Choice account to get a complimentary Student or Youth Discount Card, if you’re a full-time student or under 31^ (saving you $30). The cards offer savings on thousands of share-worthy travel and local experiences. Like up to 40% off international airfares at STA Travel as well as discounts on hostels, restaurants, museums and more. Conditions apply.^
Switch to Westpac
Once you've opened an account with us, switching your banking is now easier than ever.
Connect to your existing bank and import your payees and BPAY® billers into Westpac Internet Banking.
Things you should know
Before making a decision about any of our products or services, please read all the terms and conditions and consider whether the product or service is right for you. Fees and charges apply and may change.
1. Debit Mastercard: You need to be at least 16 years of age, and have an Australian residential address to be eligible for the card. If you're not eligible for a Debit Mastercard, apply for a Handycard to access your account.
2. Global ATM: A 3% Westpac Foreign Transaction Fee applies to overseas debit or credit card withdrawals. A 2% cash advance fee applies to credit card withdrawals where the "Credit" option is selected. A list of Global Alliance members is available. Excludes American Express® cards. It is important to know that the functionality to withdraw money from a linked Westpac account via Credit Card is not available when using overseas ATMs, including Global Alliance ATMs. To ensure access to Savings and or Cheque account funds when overseas please speak to us about obtaining a Debit Mastercard®.
3. Cardless cash: Get Cash is available on eligible Westpac transaction accounts with a linked debit card. Get Cash limit of 3 withdrawals per day applies, subject to $500 daily withdrawal limit and $1,000 weekly withdrawal limit. Only available at Westpac Group ATMs in Australia. To access cardless cash on your mobile you must be registered to use Westpac Online Banking and download the Westpac Mobile Banking App to use Westpac Mobile Banking on Apple Watch you’ll need to pair your Apple Watch with an iPhone 5 or above with iOS 8.2 or above. You’ll also need the Westpac Mobile Banking app (version 6.1 or above) installed on your iPhone.
4. Android Pay: Read the Android Pay Terms and Conditions before making a decision and consider if it is right for you. Available for eligible cards. To use Android Pay you will need to use a compatible device with a supported operating system.
5. Pay to Mobile: Australian bank accounts only. Terms, Conditions and Limits apply.
6. Finger print login: Fingerprint sign in is available on compatible devices only. Customers must be registered for Westpac online banking and have set up fingerprint ID to use the service.
7. Card on hold: Available on personal credit and Mastercard® debit cards only. Cards to which a temporary lock can be applied will be listed when you sign in to Mobile Banking or Online Banking and visit Lock a card temporarily under Cards services.
8. Westpac Fraud Money Back Guarantee: Customers will be reimbursed for any unauthorised transactions provided that the customer has not contributed to the loss and contacted Westpac promptly.
Mastercard is a registered trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.
^New Westpac Choice customers only. Offer available for full time students, or customers aged 31 years and under. This offer is valid for 90 days from the date your new Westpac Choice account is opened and you are required to have your ID verified before claiming this offer. This offer only provides you the first year ISIC membership valued at $30. The STA Travel voucher is valid for 12 months from the date of issue and can be used at any local STA Travel store and not online.