Bank account with debit card
Why Westpac Choice?
- Get easy access to your money with a Debit Mastercard®
Use your Debit Mastercard 1 to shop securely online, access cash at ATMs and use PayPass™ to tap and go on purchases under $100
- Extensive ATM network
No ATM withdrawal fee at any major bank ATM in Australia and over 50,000 ATMs around the world via the Global ATM Alliance and partner ATMs (other fees may apply) 2
- Manage your money on the go with our Mobile Banking App
The Westpac Mobile Banking App is an easy, secure and convenient way to take your bank with you wherever you go and with more than 100 features it can help you look after your money in more ways than you’d expect
Card on hold
Can’t find your card? Don’t panic, you can temporarily lock it in seconds with Card on Hold while you search3
Fraud Money Back Guarantee
Shop securely with your debit card. We’ve got your back with 24/7 fraud monitoring and our Fraud Money Back Guarantee4
Westpac Protect™ SMS Code
Increase your security when banking online by using your mobile phone to confirm certain transactions via text messages
Safe Online Banking guarantee
If your Westpac account is compromised as a result of Internet fraud, we guarantee to repay any missing funds, providing you comply with our Online Banking Terms and Conditions
Features designed to put you in control
Your Westpac Choice account has the features you need to make managing your money a breeze
Under 30? Get $50 on us!
Get $50 with a new Westpac Choice everyday bank account.
More ways to pay
Need to transfer cash in a flash? Set up a Pay ID and you can get paid or transfer money in near real time with just your mobile number. You can also pay or get paid by anyone, anytime, securely and in real time with the Beem It app when you link your Debit Mastercard
Get access to exclusive offers and discounts
Your Westpac Choice account is more than just a bank account – it also gives you easy access to exclusive discounts across a vast range of retailers. We’ve partnered with some major brands to provide you with savings across travel, entertainment, fashion, your everyday shopping, and more
Our range of discounts are regularly updated, to bring you seasonal and limited time offers.6 To find out what offers are currently available – simply sign in to Online Banking and go to Rewards & Offers
|Standard fees (fees may change)||Amount|
|ATM cash withdrawals in Australia (ATM providers may charge a fee – watch out for that!)||$0|
|Account overdrawn fee||$15|
|Dishonour of direct debits, periodical payment or cheques written||$5|
|Overseas ATM cash withdrawal from a Global Alliance Partner ATM (for more information on Global Alliance Partners see Accessing your accounts overseas)||$0|
|Overseas ATM cash withdrawal from a non-Global Alliance Partner ATM||$5|
|Transactions made in foreign currency, and the merchant or financial institution is located outside Australia||3% of the AUD transaction amount|
|Transactions made in foreign currency, and the merchant or financial institution is located in Australia||2.2% of the AUD transaction amount|
Things you should know
Before making a decision about any of our products or services, please read all the terms and conditions and consider whether the product or service is right for you. Fees and charges apply and may change.
1. Debit Mastercard: You need to be at least 14 years of age, and have an Australian residential address to be eligible for the card. If you're not eligible for a Debit Mastercard, apply for a Handycard to access your account.
2. Global ATM: A 3% Westpac Foreign Transaction Fee applies to overseas debit card withdrawals. A list of Global Alliance members is available. To ensure access to savings and/or cheque account funds when overseas obtain a Debit Mastercard®.
3. Card on hold: Available on personal credit and Mastercard® debit cards only. Cards to which a temporary lock can be applied will be listed when you sign in to Mobile Banking or Online Banking and visit Lock a card temporarily under Cards services.
4. Westpac Fraud Money Back Guarantee: Customers will be reimbursed for any unauthorised transactions provided that the customer has not contributed to the loss and contacted Westpac promptly.
5. Cardless cash: is available on eligible Westpac transaction accounts with a linked debit card. Get Cash limit of 3 withdrawals per day applies, subject to $500 daily withdrawal limit and $1,000 weekly withdrawal limit. Only available at Westpac Group ATMs in Australia. To access cardless cash on your mobile you must be registered to use Westpac Online Banking and download the Westpac Mobile Banking App to use Westpac Mobile Banking on Apple Watch you’ll need to pair your Apple Watch with an iPhone 5 or above with iOS 8.2 or above. You’ll also need the Westpac Mobile Banking app (version 6.1 or above) installed on your iPhone.
6. Partner offers are subject to Terms and Conditions and may be varied or change at any time. Images are shown for illustrative purposes only.
Read the before making a decision and consider if it is right for you. To use Apple Pay you will need an eligible card and a compatible device with a supported operating system. See our Apple Pay FAQs for more information. Apple, the Apple logo, Apple Pay, Apple Watch and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Android, Google Pay and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc.
Fitbit and the Fitbit logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fitbit, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries.
Garmin, the Garmin logo, and the Garmin delta are trademarks of Garmin Ltd. or its subsidiaries and are registered in one or more countries, including the U.S. Garmin Pay is a trademark of Garmin Ltd. or its subsidiaries.
A Debit Mastercard attached to a Westpac Choice account is required to use the Beem It app.
Beem It is a facility provided by Commonwealth Bank of Australia ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL 234945 and made available through its authorised representative, Digital Wallet Pty Ltd ABN 93 624 272 475. Before downloading the app please consider the Product Disclosure Statement and Terms and Conditions, available at beemit.com.au. As this advice has been prepared without considering your objectives, financial situation or needs, you should, before acting on it, consider the facility's appropriateness to your circumstances. Before making a decision about any of our products or services, please read relevant terms and conditions available at westpac.com.au. Fees and charges apply and may change.
World Mastercard®, Mastercard® and the Mastercard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of, and PayPassTM is a trademark of, Mastercard International Incorporated.