Get $50 on us
How do I get my $50?
If you’ve never had a Westpac Bump Savings and/or Westpac Choice transaction account before:
- Open a Bump account and/or a Choice account so that you’ve got one of each
- Deposit at least $100 into Bump Savings within 30 days of the new account(s) being opened
- We’ll deposit $50 into your Choice account.
Deposit, spend and save with linked accounts
Bump savings account
- Get bonus interest each month you grow your savings1
- Earn up to 5.00% p.a. variable
- No monthly fees or transaction fees.2
- Set and track savings goals.
Choice transaction account
- Use this account to deposit money and buy things
- Includes a Debit Mastercard® if you’re 14 or over
- No monthly fees or transaction fees.2
14-17? Apply online in just 3 minutes
If you’re under 14, you’ll need to go into branch with your parent or guardian to open the account(s). If you are under 14 and already have a Choice account, your parent can open a Bump account online.
Grab some great offers with your Debit Mastercard® if you have a Choice account
We’ve got together with some top brands like these to help you save heaps
T&Cs apply. Available to customers aged 14+ with a Debit Mastercard®.
Make the most of your Bump Savings account
The more you save, the more you get paid
- 2.00% p.a. base rate
- 3.00% p.a. bonus rate each month you grow your balance
5.00% p.a. total interest rate paid monthly
All rates are variable.
Set and track savings goals
Create up to 6 savings goals for things that matter to you, and track your progress in the Westpac App.
Get help looking after your money
If you’re 14 or over, you can choose to allow a parent or guardian to keep an eye on things for you
- Parents or guardians can see your accounts in their own Online Banking
- They can set up notifications telling them when money goes into or out of your accounts, to watch out for unexpected or suspicious activity
- If you’re under 14, you’ll need to have a parent or guardian as a signatory on your accounts.4
No, this promotion is only open to customers who have not held the relevant product/s, either a Choice and/or Bump Savings account.
Things you should know
Before making a decision about any of our products or services, please read all the terms and conditions. Fees and charges apply and may change.
*Youth MyEDB Promotion Terms and Conditions
- To receive $50 you must meet the eligibility criteria and satisfy the requirements in these Terms and Conditions for this promotion that commences 19/09/2023.
- Available to new or existing Westpac customers under 18 years of age (Customer), who have not previously:
- held a Westpac Bump Savings or Westpac Choice Youth account;
- held a Westpac Bump Savings together with a Westpac Choice Youth account (or vice versa).
- During the promotion, the Customer must open the required account(s) so that the customer holds both a Westpac Bump Savings and Westpac Choice Youth account in the Customer’s name and deposits a minimum of $100 cumulatively into their Bump Savings account within 30 days of both accounts being open. If the Customer is not an existing Westpac customer, the Customer must open both Westpac Bump Savings and Westpac Choice Youth accounts in the Customer’s name within 7 days of each other.
- The $50 promotion amount will be paid into the Customer’s Westpac Choice Youth account within 50 days of both accounts being open (and remaining open during this period) and the $100 deposit being made.
- Each eligible Customer is only entitled to one $50 promotion amount payment when the Customer has met all the requirements set out in these Terms and Conditions.
- In the event multiple eligible accounts are opened for the same Customer, the $50 promotion amount will be paid to the Customer’s Westpac Choice Youth account that was opened first.
- We reserve the right to withdraw, amend or extend this offer at any time.
- Not available in conjunction with any other offer, unless we determine otherwise.
- apply to Westpac Bump Savings and Westpac Choice Youth accounts. Please read these terms and conditions carefully to determine whether these products are right for your needs and requirements.
Westpac Bump variable interest: includes a standard variable base rate plus a variable bonus rate. Interest is calculated on the daily balance of your Westpac Bump account and paid on the last business day of the month. For the purpose of calculating interest paid, a month is the period between the last business day of the previous month to the second last day of the month (inclusive). Therefore, interest calculated on closing balances on and after the last business day of a month won't be included in the interest payable for the month but will be included in the interest payable for the next month.
- Bonus interest: You will be eligible for bonus interest if during the month (subject to transaction processing times):
a. your account balance has not fallen below $0; and
b. you (or someone on your behalf) have made a deposit of any amount; and
c. the account balance on the last business day of the month is higher than the account balance on the last business day of the previous month.
Interest paid into your account does not qualify as a deposit in terms of bonus interest eligibility.
- Account fees: other fees may be charged for banking services.
- Mastercard® is a registered trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.
- Parental Control: Parents, grandparents, or guardians must be an account signatory to have Parental Control. There is a limit of two signatories per Bump Savings account. Child must be registered for Westpac Online Banking and Westpac Telephone Banking to access accounts online or over the phone. For children under 12 years of age: Parental Control is mandatory, and self-service Telephone Banking is not available. For children aged 12 years and over: Parental Control is optional and access levels can be amended by the child at any time. Parental Control does not apply to a child’s access to funds in branch, however a signatory must authorise branch withdrawals where a child is under 14 and a debit card is not available.