Our most popular bank account to help manage your everyday banking needs. Multiple ways to access funds, whether here or overseas.
Why open a Westpac Choice account?
- Westpac Debit Mastercard® 1
- Westpac Online Banking + Mobile Banking
- No monthly account fee if you deposit at least $2,000 each month (other fees may apply)
Our online savings account, with an introductory bonus rate. Link it to your everyday account for 24/7 access to funds.
Why open an eSaver account?
- 24/7 access to funds via your linked everyday account
- $0 monthly service fee on eSaver
- No minimum balance
A flexible savings account with bonus interest for regular savers that supports both long and short term savings goals.
Why open a Westpac Life account?
- Manage long term and short term goals within a single account with Savings Goals
- Enjoy a competitive base rate plus bonus interest each month you grow your balance2
- Unlimited access to your money online through your Westpac everyday account
An account designed to help children kick start their savings. Available for under 18s.
Why open a Bump Savings account?
- Learn the importance of saving at a young age
- Start early to get set up for the future
- Enjoy a competitive base interest rate plus bonus interest each month you grow your balance2
Fixed interest offering certainty of return, you decide the term; 1 month to 5 years, with multiple options at maturity. You can also manage and renew your Term Deposit online.
Why open a Westpac Term Deposit?
- Open a term deposit with $5,000 or more
- No set-up, monthly service or management fees
- Choose the period of time you want to invest your money for - fixed terms from 1 month to 5 years
- Interest payable at maturity, annually or monthly, depending on term
Did you know?
You may be eligible for a special rate when you renew your Term Deposit online.
Open a Foreign Currency Account
Make and receive payments in a foreign currency to help manage your cash flow
Special Offer: Monthly Account Maintenance Fee waived for the life of the account when you open a new account online by 1 November 2017. Restrictions and conditions apply. Find out more
Things you should know
* Important Information: Rate is available on deposits from $5,000 to $5,000,000. Personal customers only – not available for business, corporate, institutional or government customers. Special rate will only apply to new Term Deposits and excludes funds rolled over from existing Westpac Term Deposits. Rate applies for a single term. Higher or lower rates may apply for subsequent terms. Rate is not available in conjunction with any bonus interest or other special rates offered by Westpac. You must provide a minimum of 31 days’ notice to access funds prior to maturity (except in cases of hardship). If the deposit or any part of it is withdrawn early, an interest rate adjustment will normally apply. This information does not take into account your personal needs, circumstances or financial objectives. Before making a decision, read the terms and conditions at westpac.com.au and consider if the product is right for you. © 2017 Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714.
Before making a decision about any of our products or services, please read relevant terms and conditions. Fees and charges apply and may change.
1. Debit Mastercard: holders need to be at least 16 years of age, and have an Australian residential address to be eligible for the card. If you're not eligible for a Debit Mastercard, apply for a Handycard to access your account.
2. Bonus Interest: payable each month that you make a deposit to the account, ensure the account balance is higher at the end than the beginning of the month, and keep the account balance above $0. For bonus interest qualification, a month is the period from close of business on the last business day of the prior month to close of business on the last business day of the current month.
More on term deposits:
Minimum balance of $5,000, maximum balance of $10,000,000. If the rate applying to your term deposit is a special or standard rate and your term deposit rolls over automatically, it may be automatically re-invested at a lower rate than the initial rate (including any initial special rate). An interest rate adjustment may apply if your term deposit funds are withdrawn before maturity.
Westpac Term Deposits are covered by the Australian Government Deposit Guarantee, capped at $250,000 per Westpac account holder.
World Mastercard®, Mastercard® and the Mastercard brand mark are registered trademarks, and PayPass is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.