Global Currency Card
New travel money card now available. Find out more about the Worldwide Wallet.
The Global Currency Card is no longer for sale. Visit the product closure page to learn more.
GCC accounts will start closing from 15 June 2021 (AEST). We expect almost all GCC accounts will be closed by midnight 16 June 2021 (AEST).
Why choose a Westpac Global Currency card?
- Use your card when you travel or to shop on an overseas site
- Lock in your exchange rate in advance
- No ATM withdrawal fees at Westpac Group ATMs and over 50,000 ATMs overseas 1
- Avoid the 3% foreign transaction fee 2
- Top up your card instantly in Online Banking
- There’s no initial load fee or reload fee
- Download the Global Currency Card app and load up to 5 currencies from a choice of 11.
Setting up and using your travel money card
Order your travel money card instantly online – it takes less than a minute.
Load it up
Load up to five different currencies from a choice of 11 (AUD, USD, EUR, GBP, NZD, CAD, JPY, THB, ZAR, SGD, HKD) and lock in your exchange rates before you travel.
Download the app
The easiest way to manage your money while you travel is with the Global Currency Card app. Download it for free from The App Store or Google Play.
Save on foreign transaction fees by converting your travel money into the local currency of where you’re going (if available)3. Use the app to convert your AUD into up to five different currencies on your card.
Travelling overseas and shopping online
You can keep using your card in Australia in stores, to shop online in your chosen currency or withdraw cash from any Westpac Group ATM without paying any ATM withdrawal fees. Alternatively, you can transfer the remaining foreign funds back into Australian Dollars at the applicable exchange rate and request the Available Balance to be transferred into a nominated Australian bank account, simply sign in to gcc.westpac.com.au. There is no inactivity fee for not using your card, so you could also choose to keep any money on it for your next trip.
Yes, most ATMs will support balance enquiries and cash withdrawals. The balance displayed at the ATM will be in the currency of the country you are visiting and there are no cash advance fees on the Global Currency Card. Other fees may apply.
To cancel your card and transfer the remaining funds into a nominated Australian bank account, sign into gcc.westpac.com.au, transfer all your foreign currencies into Australian Dollars at the applicable exchange rate and request the Available Balance to be transferred to your nominated Australian bank account. Your funds will be transferred within 10 business days.
A prepaid travel money card has the following features:
- A card that lets you lock in your exchange rate before you leave for your trip – that way if the exchange rate is in your favour you’ll be able to take advantage of a strong Aussie dollar
- Ability to load multiple foreign currencies onto one card – this is can be especially handy if you’ll be travelling to more than one country and will need to use different currencies while your away (with a Westpac travel money card you can 5 supported currencies from a choice of 11 – AUD, USD, EUR, GBP, CAD, JPY, THB, ZAR, SGD and HKD)
- Prepaid cards - with a prepaid card you’ll be loading your own money onto the card giving you more control over your spending
- Low fees and even no fees – check if there are fees such as ATM cash withdrawal fees, reloading fees or transactions fees (with a Westpac travel money card, there are no card or load fees and no withdrawal fees at Westpac Group ATMs and over 50,000 ATMs overseas)1
- A $10k overall daily limit that could cover any spending or expenses while you’re away, so your card isn’t blocked due to spending.
Yes, you’ll need the app to transfer your AUD dollars into different currencies. You can also use the app to:
- View currency balances and transactions
- Exchange money between foreign currencies
- Make updates to your account profile
- Change your username and password
You can download our Westpac Global Currency Card app for free from the App Store or Google Play.
Things you should know
Information is current as at 6 November 2020. You should read the Westpac Global Currency Card Product Disclosure Statement before making a decision and consider whether this product is appropriate for you. This information does not take into account your personal objectives, financial situation or needs and you should consider its appropriateness having regard to these factors before deciding to acquire this product. You must be 16 years or older and have an Australian residential address to be eligible for this product. Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714 (Westpac) is the distributor of the Product. Rev Australia Pty Ltd ACN 117 378 953 AFSL 401610 manages the Westpac Global Currency Card product for Cuscal Limited 087 822 455 AFSL 244116, an authorised deposit taking institution and a member of Visa International. Cuscal Limited is the issuer of the Product only, and does not take deposits from you. Westpac is not responsible for and does not guarantee the Product or Card, your ability to access any prepaid value or the use of this Product or Card. Amounts held on the Product do not represent a deposit with, or any other liability of Westpac or any company in the Westpac Group.
Read the Online Banking Terms and Conditions at westpac.com.au. Internet connection is needed to access the Westpac Global Currency Card app and Westpac Online and Mobile banking. Normal mobile data charges apply. We support Apple iPhone iOS 10 and above and Android™ 6.0 (Marshmallow) and above. Android, Google Pay and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc. Mastercard, PayPass and the Mastercard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of Mastercard International Incorporated. Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. IOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the U.S. and other countries and is used under license.
BPAY is ® Registered to BPAY Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518.
1. No ATM withdrawal fee at Westpac Group ATMs in Australia and over 50,000 ATMs globally via Global ATM Alliance partners. Other fees and charges may be payable.
2. A 3% Westpac Foreign Exchange Fee applies to overseas transactions in a currency other than a Supported Currency.
3. Visa Zero Liability Policy covers Australian and New Zealand issued cards and does not apply to ATM transactions, transactions not processed by Visa or certain commercial card transactions. Cardholders should notify their issuer promptly of any unauthorised Visa use. Please consult the card issuer for additional details.