Updating your relationship details
Now you’re married or de facto...
It’s a good idea to update your details when you get married or enter into a new long term or de facto relationship. Consider doing the following:
- Register your marriage or de facto partnership with Births, Deaths and Marriages in your state or territory.
- Register your name change (if applicable) with Births, Deaths and Marriages.
- Update your passport if you changed your surname to your spouse’s family name.
- Update your address if you are moving in together for the first time or moving home, including your mailing address and remember to notify your bank, work, super fund etc. of your new contact details.
- Update the electoral roll with your new details.
- Update your driver’s license following a change of name and/or address.
- Think about creating or updating your will as your life circumstances change.
- Consider updating your superannuation and nominated beneficiary details.
- Update your Centrelink relationship status if applicable.
Tell us about your new living arrangements
Starting a committed relationship and setting up your future together is an incredibly exciting time, and Westpac is here to help. After exploring your current situation and your future goals, we will be able to discuss with you accounts, cards and loans as well as simplified methods to coordinate your banking and payments. Being informed and having the right tools could make your lives easier while reducing the stress.
Your visit to a Westpac branch may involve reviewing all your independent accounts and loans as well as establishing new accounts as required – be it in your name alone, joint or as guarantor with your Banker.
With Westpac, you have access to financial advisers, home loan specialists as well as customer care, financial assistance and financial relief departments.
There is so much more that Westpac could do to help you.
Connecting with Westpac
We know your time is valuable. That's why we've created a solution to help you save time. Get in touch with us through the Westpac App. Simply sign in and tap Contact us to speed things up.
Find out more.
Alternatively, if you prefer not to use or don’t have access to Westpac App, you could reach key Westpac contacts below for assistance:
1800 067 497
A team of specialists who could assist if you’re experiencing financial stress.
|Westpac Home Loans||132 558, 8am - 8pm, 7 days a week (AEST)|
|Westpac General enquiries||
(have your 8-digit customer ID and Telephone Banking access code handy)
1800 685 844, 8.30am - 6.00pm, Mon - Fri (AEST)
|BT Financial Advisers||131 817|
132 135, 8am - 6:30pm, Mon - Fri (AEST) for general enquiries
1300 776 417 for binding nomination changes
|BT Life Insurance||1300 366 426 for changes to beneficiaries|
|Westpac General Insurance||1300 650 255|