COVID-19 home loans & other product support
We're here to help
We know this is an unprecedented situation and we’re receiving a very high volume of enquiries. If you have submitted the form for support with your home loan or any personal products, we’ll be in touch regarding your application. We want to assure you that we’re here to help you and here’s some options you may like to consider:
If you've lost your job or suffered loss of income as a result of COVID-19, you can apply to defer mortgage repayments for three months with an extension for a further three months after review.
- The deferred interest will be capitalised and any deferred principal repayments will need to be paid off during the remainder of your loan term. This means your loan repayments will be higher after the 3 month deferral period.
- All requests are through the online registration form. Due to the unprecedented volume of requests, your application may take time to process. Please do not submit more than 1 form (unless we request otherwise, by direct communication with you), as it will delay processing your request.
If you have applied, we will aim to review your request as soon as possible and we’ll let you know when it is approved.
Please note the home loan deferral period starts once it is processed for your next 3 monthly repayments.
If you have a repayment due in the meantime, you have the option to:
- cancel your direct debit by calling us 131 900
- amend the frequency for example, from weekly or fortnightly to monthly via Online Banking
No fee is payable.
Owner Occupier and Investment Property Loans on Principal and Interest or Interest Only repayments are eligible including:
- Variable Rate Loans
- Fixed Rate Loans
- Equity Access Loans
- Construction Loans
- SMSF loans where the trust is an individual
Loans with Lenders Mortgage Insurance (LMI) are also eligible.
Yes - if you have redraw, you can access available funds during the home loan repayment deferral period.
Our special assistance package for home loans is applied for the next 3 monthly repayments after we process your application.
Due to the unprecedented volume of requests, your application may take time to process.
We do understand customers may have a repayment due in the meantime. If you are unable to make your next payment, please ignore any notices you may receive from us regarding overdue payments and we’ll be in contact when we work through your application.
We’re committed to ensuring that there would be no adverse impact on a customer’s credit file.
While you won’t have to make any repayments during the deferral period, interest will continue to accrue, and will be capitalised to your loan.
During the deferral period your repayments will be $0.00.
After the deferral period your repayments will increase to take into account the capitalised interest.