Business loans and overdrafts
Temporary business overdraft
For existing customers currently enrolled in the JobKeeper Payment scheme, we’re offering a temporary business overdraft facility to help them continue paying their employees while they wait to receive JobKeeper payments.
- If you have an existing overdraft and require additional funds to meet your employee wage or salary requirements, you can apply for a temporary increase for up to 45 days of your existing facility limit at the same interest rate as your existing facility.*
- If you do not currently have an overdraft facility, you can apply for a temporary overdraft facility for up to 45 days.* The temporary overdraft facility is available at an interest rate of 7.99% per annum. Throughout the period of the overdraft facility, you will need to clear the balance using any JobKeeper payments you receive.
What unsecured lending is available?
To support our business customers through this challenging environment Westpac is offering an unsecured 3-year term loan up to $250,000 to eligible business customers with a turnover of less than $50 million. This offer is available with a 6 months repayment deferral, with interest to be capitalised.*
No establishment fees or monthly account keeping fees apply. Other fees and charges may apply.
Applications are available between now and 30 Sept 2020 to both existing and new customers.
Who is eligible?
In order to apply, your business must meet certain eligibility requirements as follows:
- Businesses affected by COVID-19
- Businesses with annual turnover of less than $50 million
- The business must be a tax resident of Australia, that is based, registered and operating in Australia
- Both existing Westpac customers and new customers are eligible
- Loans must be used to support current and upcoming cash flow needs
- Loans must be used for business purposes only
- Loans cannot be used to refinance drawn facilities with Westpac or any other lender
- The total sum of your unsecured loans (including those from other financial institutions) relating to COVID-19 relief must not exceed $250,000.
How do I apply?
If your business has more than $3 million in existing Westpac business lending please contact your Relationship Manager, otherwise you can apply in one of the following ways:
We are currently receiving a high volume of customer enquiries and appreciate your patience. We are working hard to ensure that you have the help needed to support your business at this challenging time and will respond to your application as soon as possible.
No establishment fees for equipment finance loans until the end of June 2020.
This helps small and medium businesses take advantage of the increased instant asset write-off and accelerated depreciation provisions in the Federal Government stimulus package
Unsecured business lending -
Your questions answered
Things you should know
*Terms, conditions, eligibility and credit criteria apply.
The JobKeeper program is a Federal Government initiative and we provide a link to the external site for your convenience. This information is provided for general information only. Please read the Government’s fact sheet to see if you are eligible and for terms and conditions that apply. You should consider seeking independent legal, financial, taxation or other advice on how the Federal Government initiatives relate to your circumstances.