Apply for a Grant
How to apply
Applications for Westpac Foundation’s Community Grants are now open until Friday, 8 June, 5pm AEST.
Westpac Foundation’s Community Grants are $10,000 each and are awarded to local, not-for-profit community organisations helping transform the lives of fellow Australians experiencing disadvantage.
The grants also include valuable non-financial support to help maximise the social impact and sustainability of our grantees.
Read the eligibility criteria below and our frequently asked questions to find out more.
View eligibility criteria
To be eligible for a Community Grant, your community organisation must:
- Be registered in Australia as a not-for-profit organisation
- Have Deductible Gift Recipient Item 1 Status with the Australian Taxation Office
- Be supporting people living in Australian communities
- Be addressing social disadvantage via education, employment, or activities to improve the quality of life for people in at least one of our target groups
- Have annual gross revenue of less than $5 million last financial year
- Be interested in accessing our non-financial support program
- Not be seeking funding for any programs or activities on our exclusion list.
|1 May 2018||8 June 2018||2 July – 3 August 2018||Mid September 2018|
|Applications and Nominations open.||Applications close at 5pm AEST.
Westpac Foundation commences verifying applications.
|Westpac Group employees vote and help select our 2018 Community Grant recipients.||All applicants will be notified the outcome of their application.
Local celebrations for our Community Grant recipients will commence mid-September 2018.
Applications for Westpac Foundation’s Community Grants are now open until 8 June, 5pm AEST.
Westpac employee support
Do you have a Westpac Group employee supporting your application?
If your application is being supported by a Westpac Group employee please let us know in your application form. Note that this is not a mandatory requirement.
Anyone can nominate a community organisation they believe may be interested in applying. Simply enter their contact details and we’ll do the rest. The community organisation will receive an automatic email from us encouraging them to review the eligibility criteria and consider applying. We’ll also send them a reminder email before the closing date.
All eligible community organisations can apply for a grant, regardless of whether or not they have received a nomination.
We are giving all Westpac Group employees the opportunity to vote and help select the 200 Community Grant recipients.