Federal Budget 2020
Federal Budget 2020: Economic analysis
Senior Economist Elliot Clarke reviews the key features of the Budget, including stronger household incomes, business investment and infrastructure spending to lay foundation for recovery.
Your complete source of economic and financial markets commentary, as well as thought leadership in industry, innovation, community and sustainability - powered by our institutional bank expertise.
Things you should know
- Westpac IQ is a service provided by Westpac Banking Corporation here referred to as “Westpac”.
- Your access to this service is subject to these terms and conditions, , notices, disclaimers and any other statements contained on this website.
- You agree that any view or opinions expressed in the articles or videos contained in Westpac IQ are the author's own and may not necessarily reflect the view or opinions of Westpac.
- You agree that any commentary contained in Westpac IQ is not intended as personal advice and to the extent that this material contains any general advice, it has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs, and because of this, you should, before acting on it, consider the appropriateness of the advice, having regard to your objectives, financial situation and needs. We recommend that you seek your own independent legal or financial advice before proceeding with any investment decision.
- Westpac IQ may contain information in relation to certain financial products. Westpac makes no recommendation to buy, hold or sell these financial products, nor does it make any representations or warranties regarding the financial products. You should make your own decision in relation to the financial products based on your own enquiries, the information contained in the relevant disclosure documents, and the suitability of the relevant financial products to your own investment objectives, financial situation and particular needs. We recommend that you seek your own independent legal or financial advice before proceeding with any investment decision.
Each time someone visits the Westpac IQ website, data is captured so that we can accurately evaluate the quality of our content and make improvements for you. We may at times use technology to capture data about you to help us to better understand you and your needs, including potentially for the purposes of assessing your individual reading habits and interests to allow us to provide suggestions regarding other reading material which may be suitable for you.