How do I cancel my credit card?
To cancel your credit cards, we recommend you:
- Call us on 1300 651 089 (9am-5pm, 7 days a week) from anywhere in Australia or +61 2 9293 9270 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week) if you are calling from overseas
- Send a letter to your home branch, where you opened your account, asking us to close the account, including your account details, your signature and the date.
We need to identify you before cancelling your credit card, so unfortunately we can’t cancel your card by email.
Just keep in mind that:
- Only the primary cardholder can cancel a credit card
- We can provide you with written confirmation that we’ve closed your account if you ask us for it
- You’ll need to cancel any direct debits you’ve set up on your credit card, or otherwise the debits will still be charged to your account and you’ll need to pay them
- You’ll receive a statement every month until your balance is cleared (to nil again).
We look forward to helping you further over the phone or at your local Westpac branch.