Our products and your privacy
Westpac DataX remains committed to protecting the personal information of individuals. For us, privacy is paramount and we are constantly seeking to ensure that we have appropriate controls and safeguards in place. Our data is de-identified and aggregated, providing meaningful insights while safeguarding personal information.
The types of data insights we provide may, for example, cover:
- Trends relating to customer spend patterns including discretionary and non-discretionary and categories of spend e.g. hospitality
- How much tourism has contributed to the economy of a given region
- The economic impact of events such as Covid-19.
We use various measures to help ensure that individuals and merchants are not identifiable from the data insights that we provide to our clients by including:
- Removing information that identifies an individual or merchant
- Aggregating de-identified information into data insights
- Testing whether an individual or merchant can be identified from our data insights.