Skip to main content Skip to main navigation
Skip to accessibility page Skip to search input


Why can't I access this password-protected site?

We're sorry but the user name or password you entered was incorrect. This means we couldn't authorise access so please check your details and try again.

If you still have problems logging in, refresh (Ctrl + F5) your browser or contact us.




Territory authorities - opening accounts

New digital forms

Westpac have launched new digital forms for an efficient, easy and fast experience.

Find out more about the experience to start.

How do I open a new Westpac account?

All completed paperwork should be returned to your Client Enquiry Manager.

Complete theAccount opening form - Territory Authority (PDF 114KB) to establish a new account or an additional account for existing customers.

Also complete the Notice of authority - Territory Authority (PDF 260KB) form to provide the Bank with details of the persons authorised to operate your organisation's accounts. This form only needs to be completed once if the signatories and operations are the same across all accounts held by the organisation.

The forms below are only required in certain circumstances, when opening a new account:

Annexure 'A' to Notice of Authority - Territory Authority

Complete the Annexure “A” to Notice of Authority – Territory Authority (PDF 234KB) if there is insufficient space on the Notice of Authority - Territory Authority form, for the details of each person authorised to operate your accounts.

Notice of Authority for a specific account

Complete the Annexure "A" to Notice of Authority for a specific account (PDF 442KB) if your organisation nominates different signatories or operations to a "specific" account as distinct from your other existing accounts.

Notice of authority for addition and or deletion to persons authorised

Complete Notice of authority for addition persons authorised form (PDF 79KB) if your organisation needs to add or delete new account signatories to its existing accounts.

Product Disclosure Statement (PDS)

Transactional account Product Disclosure Statement (PDF 310KB)  

What identification is required?

Individuals (Account Signatories/Verifying Officers)

Individuals transacting on an account may also be required to be Westpac identified. Should this be the case, please have them present their identification documentation at their local Westpac Branch. Once they have been identified, please contact your Client Enquiry Manager and provide them with the new Customer Number.

Certified copy

A certified copy means an identification document that has been certified as a true and correct copy of an original document by an approved certifier (refer below for approved certifiers).
The approved certifier must certify that the photocopy is a true and correct copy of the original by writing on and signing the photocopy as follows:
I, [full name of approved certifier], a/an [select appropriate from list of approved persons below], certify that this [name of document] is a true and correct copy of the original. [Signature and date]

I, John Citizen, a Justice of the Peace, certify that this Trust Deed is a true and correct copy of the original.
John Citizen

Approved certifiers

The following persons are approved by the Bank to certify identification documents:

  1. A person who is enrolled on the Roll of the Supreme Court of a State or Territory, or the High Court of Australia, as a legal practitioner (however described)
  2. A judge of a court
  3. A magistrate
  4. A chief executive officer of a Commonwealth Court
  5. A registrar or deputy registrar of a court
  6. A Justice of the Peace
  7. A notary public (for the purposes of the Statutory Declaration Regulations 1993)
  8. A police officer
  9. An agent of the Australian Postal Corporation who is in charge of an office supplying postal services to the public
  10. A permanent employee of the Australian Postal corporation with 2 or more years of continuous service who is employed in an office supplying postal services to the public
  11. An Australian consular officer or an Australian diplomatic officer (within the meaning of the Consular Fees Act 1955)
  12. A bank or building society officer with 2 or more continuous years of service
  13. A finance company officer with 2 or more continuous years of service
  14. An officer with, or authorised representative of, a holder of an Australian financial services licence, having 2 or more continuous years of service with one or more licensees
  15. A member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia, CPA Australia or the National Institute of Accountants with 2 or more years of continuous membership
  16. A Commissioner for Declarations
  17. A Commissioner for Affidavits.

Guidance document for customers

The document below has been prepared for customers to provide guidance on the process for certifying identification documents.

WIB Customer Guidance on Certifying ID Documents (PDF 24KB)  

Nominating a Verifying Officer

Complete if your organisation wishes to nominate an employee of your Territory to become Verfiying Officer in respect to all or specific accounts held with the Bank.

WIB Verifying Officer Nomination Form (PDF 142KB)  

How do I open foreign currency accounts?

A Foreign Currency Account is an Australian based deposit account for foreign currency. They are available for most major currencies.

The Account Opening form and Notice of Authority must be completed to establish a Foreign Currency Account.

Foreign Currency Account Opening Form (PDF 1021KB)

Notice of Authority - Territory Authority (PDF 260KB)

Foreign Currency Account - Terms & Conditions (PDF 158KB)

Incorporates the Terms and Conditions of accounts.

Foreign Currency Term Deposits

Foreign Currency Term Deposits PDS (PDF 109KB)

Foreign Currency Term Deposit Application (PDF 158KB)