What is Easy BPAY?
Unique to Westpac, Easy BPAY is a simplified version of the standard BPAY.
How does it work?
Your invoices or bills display a BPAY logo, your unique BPAY Biller Code and a Customer Reference Number (CRN). Your customers simply quote these when making a BPAY payment online or over the phone. Their financial institution then validates the payment details and gives them a receipt number. Payment details are forwarded to Westpac , we forward payment information to you electronically and deposit cleared funds in your nominated bank account.
You benefit with:
- Improved cash flow with no dishonoured cheques or payments
- Same day value for payments made up to the daily cut off
- Lower payment collection costs
- Reduced administration time with all BPAY payments appearing on your bank statement with details
- A cooperative marketing effort between banks and BPAY reduces the need for you to promote the benefits of BPAY.
Your customers benefit too:
- No need to pay bills in person or to write and send cheques
- Convenience of paying bills any time, day or night, 7 days a week online or over the phone
- Added convenience of paying more than one bill at a time
- Choice of payment options from cheque or savings account or, if you agree, by credit card
- Option of scheduling future payments so bills are always paid on time
- Easy reconciliation thanks to unique receipt numbers and payment details on their account statement.
Visit the Easy BPAY site for a flash demonstration of how easy it is for your customers to pay you via Easy BPAY and to download the Customer Reference Number generator tool (available for both Microsoft Windows and Mac users).
Things you should know
BPAY® is a registered trademark of BPAY Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518.
1. Subject to system availability.
2. Not all billers accept payments from a credit card.