Go paperless with Business eStatements
Enjoy the security and convenience of eStatements
If you’re registered with Westpac Live, you can switch to eStatements to receive your statements securely, paper free and at your convenience^.
Lower the risk of business fraud.
Your statements are stored securely within Westpac Live.
eStatements can easily be provided to accountants and third parties when required.
eStatements are available in Online Banking, and are accessible anytime, anywhere^.
Cut out the paperwork.
Reduce the clutter of paper statements, with access to online eStatements for up to 7 years*.
Switching to eStatements
If you have account administration access, you can manage your statements online.
- Hover over Administration and select Business Statement Settings.
- When prompted, enter your SMS or token code, then click Authorise.
- For each account, choose the type of statement you would like to receive by selecting either eStatement or Paper statement for that account.
The current statement preference will show in purple. If an account is not eligible for eStatements, only the paper statement option will be shown. You must have a valid email address registered for your business to be able to receive eStatements.
You can return to receiving paper statements anytime by managing your statement preferences online, or visiting your local branch.
If the business network allows one Administrator to perform administration tasks
- Changes will be updated when the Administrator makes a statement preference selection.
If the business network requires more than one Administrator to authorise administration tasks
- Change in statement preference will require approval from the required number of additional Administrators.
- Account will show a blue notification box which informs the Administrator that changes are pending approval.
Keeping your details up to date
It's important to keep your email address up to date to ensure we can notify you when your eStatements are available.
Learn how to add, view and update your registered business email address in Westpac Live.
To be able to receive eStatements you must first:
- Be registered for Online Banking through Westpac Live
- Have a valid email address registered for your business in Westpac Live
You can switch to eStatements by managing your statement preferences in Westpac Live.
You may view eStatements for any eligible account that you have access to (including as an authorised third party) via Westpac Live.
Things you should know
^ For eligible accounts
* Available for statements issued within previous 7 years. Excludes statements for merchant customers.