How to make a same day (RTGS) payment
1. Navigate to Payments, select Make a Payment.
2. In the Pay to section, select the Pay Anyone tab. Select Payee or type to search and enter description (optional). Select From account and enter payer name and description (optional).
3. In the Payment details section, enter the payment amount and select ‘Process this as a same day (RTGS) payment and send a longer payee description. A fee of $20 will apply’. Once completed, select Continue.
Please note: this checkbox option will only appear if the payee is with a bank other than Westpac. Payees banking with Westpac will automatically receive their payment on the same day.
4. Ensure your details are correct and select Confirm.
5. To authorise the payment, enter the SMS code sent to your device and select Authorise.
• Payment must be created and fully approved before the 3pm (AEST) cut off time. If payment is attempted after this time, a message will appear advising you the deadline has passed
• If you are in your Personal Profile – you will need to contact Online Banking Help Desk – 1300 655
505 to have this feature activated for it to be available
• If you are in a Business Profile - the Administrator can activate this feature in User Administration > Select User > Update create payment permissions
• Fees apply for Same Day (RTGS) Payments
• You must have an active Security device
• There is a maximum daily limit for Same day – RTGS payments that a User can approve. This limit appears in the Same day – RTGS payments section in the Help centre.