Close your Term Deposit
Step 1: Select the Term Deposit you wish to close.
1. On your Overview screen, click on the Term Deposit.
2. Under Maturity instructions click Manage Term Deposits.
To Manage Term Deposits you can also click on Services and preferences > Services > under Account Services click Manage Term Deposits.
Step 2: Close your Term Deposit.
1. Click the Close tab.
2. Select either A linked account or Another account to disburse funds to.
Important Note: If a third party has access to manage your Term Deposit they are able to direct the balance to be paid to other accounts which may not necessarily be in your name.
If you don't see "A linked account" tab, you may not have a Westpac Account eligible for transfers to/from [or] you may not have the access to transact on that account. Please check with your Administrator.
3. Click, Continue.
Step 3: Review and Close.
1. Review changes made to Term Deposits.
2. Close your Term Deposit.
3. You will receive a notification via Message centre and email about your closed Term Deposit.