GET PAID IN NEAR REAL-TIME WITH NPP, PAYID AND OSKO
Learn about the benefits of the New Payments Platform (NPP), PayID and Osko®
Get paid and make payments in near real-time, typically less than a few seconds, between participating banks in Australia under the New Payments Platform (NPP)*. This means there’s no more waiting days for payments, helping you to know where your business stands financially.
How it works
Make and receive payments in almost an instant*
If you have an eligible bank account in Online Banking, you’ll be able to make and receive near real-time Osko® payments online, using a BSB and account number.
You can also pay any PayID – a mobile number, email address, Organisation ID or an ABN (which includes ACNs, ARBNs and ARSNs)1.
Make it easier for your customers to pay you
You can register your ABN as a PayID in Online Banking and receive Osko® payments to the account that is linked to it.
What this means for your business
- Manage and optimise your cash flow – make and receive payments in less than a minute, 24/7, even on weekends and public holidays.
- Simplify account reconciliation – receive and include up to 280 characters of text with your payments, get detailed descriptions of payments from customers, or include more detailed messages with transactions when paying suppliers.
- Make it easier for your customers to pay you – create an ABN PayID and provide it to payers instead of your BSB and account number. Payments to PayIDs are Osko® payments, so you’ll receive these payments in near-real time.
Use PayID for your personal banking
If you sign in to Online Banking as a personal customer to view your personal and business accounts, you can create a PayID using your mobile number. You can change the account linked to your PayID at any time, but you can only register your mobile number as a PayID to one account at any time.
What about PayID for my business?
If you are a Sole Trader, you can update your PayID in Online Banking from a desktop or your mobile. If you’re a company or Business Network, you can only do this from a desktop.
- Hover over Service and select Services
- Under the Account Services, select PayID settings
- Select Create new PayID
- Choose the bank account to link to your ABN PayID and select Confirm.
If you’re the Administrator of a Business Network and would like one of your Users to create a PayID, you will need to provide them with access first by going to Administration then User administration in Online Banking from your desktop.
If you don’t create an ABN PayID, you can still receive fast Osko payments to your eligible account using a BSB and account number.
What is Osko®?
- Osko® by BPAY® allows near real-time payments to be made between eligible accounts at participating financial institutions, 24/7 – even on weekends and public holidays
- Payments to PayIDs are Osko® payments
- Payments to a BSB and account numbers will automatically be processed by Westpac Online Banking as an Osko® payment if:
- you have an eligible Osko® account
- your payee has an eligible Osko® account and the payment is dated today (not a future dated or recurring payment)
- You will see the transaction appear with a payment method of Osko® or the Osko® logo when you make or receive an Osko® payment.
Frequently asked questions
Things you should know
* Fast or near real-time payments are sent and received using Osko® by BPAY® and can be addressed to either a PayID or a BSB and account number. Near real-time payments require both the payer and payee to have Osko® enabled accounts.
Payments may take longer in some instances, such as where there is a technical interruption to the service, there is a payment to a first time payee or when the payment is caught for additional security screening.
1. These must be registered by the owner for PayID to be used.
BPAY® and Osko® are registered trademarks of BPAY Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518.
The PayID types available to you may vary depending on your customer profile. If you register your mobile as a PayID, it needs to be the same as your SMS Protect CodeTM. If you register your ABN, it needs to be the same as the ABN on your Westpac profile.
When your PayID is registered, your details (including your Business name) will be available to people who use the service and enter your ABN PayID.
Westpac Online Banking is only available for use by Westpac Australia customers. Internet connection is needed to access Westpac Online and Mobile Banking. Normal mobile data charges apply.