Get paid in near real-time with NPP, PayID and Osko.
Learn about the benefits of the New Payments Platform (NPP), PayID and Osko
Get paid and make payments in near real-time, typically less than a few seconds, between participating banks in Australia under the New Payments Platform (NPP)*. This means there’s no more waiting days for payments, helping you to know exactly where your business stands financially.
How it works
Make and receive payments in almost an instant
If you have an eligible bank account and a business profile in Online Banking, you’ll be able to make and receive near real-time Osko® payments online using a BSB and account number.
You can also pay all PayID types including ABNs (which includes ACNs, ARBNs and ARSNs), mobile numbers, phone numbers, Organisation IDs and email addresses1.
Make it easier for your customers to pay you
In Westpac Online Banking, you can register your ABN as a PayID and receive fast Osko payments to the account linked to it.
What this means for your business
- Manage and optimise your cash flow – make and receive payments in less than a minute, 24/7, even on weekends and public holidays.
- Simplify account reconciliation – receive and include up to 280 characters of text with payments. Get detailed descriptions of payments from customers. Or include more detailed messages with transactions when paying suppliers.
- Make it easier for your customers to pay you – create an ABN PayID and provide it to payers instead of your BSB and account number. Payments to PayIDs are fast Osko payments, so you’ll receive these payments in near-real time.
Use PayID for your personal banking
You can also create a PayID using your mobile number if you sign in as a personal customer to view your personal or business accounts in Online Banking. You can only register your mobile number as a PayID to one account at a time. However, you’ll be able to change the account linked to your PayID at any time.
What about PayID for my business?
If you sign in using a Business profile, you can register the ABN on your Westpac profile as a PayID:
- On a desktop, sign in to Online Banking and go to Service > Account services > PayID settings > Create your PayID
- From the Westpac App, sign in, select Self serve > Account services > PayID settings > Create your PayID.
If an Administrator of a Business Network would like a User to create a PayID, they will need to provide them with the access by going to Administration > User administration in Online Banking (Desktop).
If you don’t create an ABN PayID, you can still receive fast Osko payments to your eligible account using a BSB and account number.
What is Osko?
- Osko by BPAY® allows near real-time payments to be made between eligible accounts at participating financial institutions, 24/7 – even on weekends and public holidays
- Payments to PayIDs are fast Osko payments
- Payments to a BSB and account numbers will automatically be processed by Westpac Online Banking as an Osko payment if:
- you have an eligible Osko account
- your payee has an eligible Osko account and the payment is dated today (not a future dated or recurring payment)
- You will see the transaction appear with a payment method of Osko or the Osko logo when you make or receive an Osko payment.
Frequently asked questions
Things you should know
* Fast or near real-time payments are sent and received using Osko by BPAY® and can be addressed to either a PayID or a BSB and account number. Near real-time payments require both the payer and payee to have Osko enabled accounts.
Payments may take longer in some instances, such as where there is a technical interruption to the service, there is a payment to a first time payee or when the payment is caught for additional security screening.
1. These must be registered by the owner for PayID to be used.
BPAY® and Osko® are registered trademarks of BPAY Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518.
The PayID types available to you may vary depending on your customer profile. If you register your mobile as a PayID, it needs to be the same as your SMS Protect CodeTM. If you register your ABN, it needs to be the same as the ABN on your Westpac profile.
When your PayID is registered, your details (including your Business name) will be available to people who use the service and enter your ABN PayID.
Westpac Online Banking is only available for use by Westpac Australia customers. Internet connection is needed to access Westpac Online and Mobile Banking. Normal mobile data charges apply.