Previous Westpac Live Updates
We're continually improving Westpac Live to make it easier for businesses to bank online
Making a payment in Westpac Live
We’ve listened to your feedback and have simplified the way you make a payment to a new Pay Anyone payee or BPAY® biller.
When making a payment to a new payee, you’ll be able to enter the payee or biller details on the ‘Make a payment’ page, rather than on a separate page.
This new improvement will save you time and hassle when paying new payees.
Fingerprint sign-in for Android
Great news! Fingerprint sign-in is now available on a wider range of compatible1 Android devices.
Mobile Shortcut Menu
We have improved your mobile banking experience by adding a new shortcut menu bar at the bottom of your screen - making it easier for you to access self-service and products. Sign into the Westpac Live Mobile Banking app today to experience the difference.
Transfer funds between eligible accounts in just a few taps within Quick Balance1
Connecting your bank feed to a Third Party Service Provider
You can now authorise Westpac to connect your transaction details to a Third Party Service Provider via Westpac Live3. This feature in Westpac Live means that you can connect or disconnect bank feeds without the need to contact us - saving you time and effort.
1. Managing your statements
You can now choose between eStatements and paper statements for eligible accounts via Westpac Live desktop, mobile app and your mobile browser.
To find out more on how you can manage your statement preferences, click here.
What does it mean to have eStatements?
By choosing to have eStatements for an account instead of paper statements, instead of receiving paper statements in the mail, you will receive an email to notify you when an eStatement for your account is ready for you to view in Westpac Live.
Can I switch back to paper statements?
The great thing about being able to manage your preferences with Westpac Live is that you can switch back to paper statements any time you want.
Switch to eStatements today – make paper a thing of the past
eStatements give you the convenience of having up to 7 years’ of statements available with just a few clicks of your mouse. It’s easy, fast and at no cost.
It’s also a great way to cut out the paperwork, because when your statements are available online, you choose which statements to print. Less printing means less paper, so you’ll be doing your bit to save the trees.
eStatements give you the peace of mind of knowing you’re protecting yourself from identity theft by stopping paper statements.
Please note: statement management preferences can only be managed by Administrators.
2. eStatements for closed credit cards
We understand that you often have a need to look at past transactions from closed accounts. Great news is that with Westpac Live, you can now access eStatements for eligible closed credit card accounts. This is available via Westpac Live desktop and the iPad app.
What credit card accounts are included?
- Business Choice Rewards credit card
- Altitude Business Platinum credit card
- Altitude Business Gold credit card
eStatements will only be available for accounts that were closed from January 2014 onwards. Statements for accounts closed prior to January 2014 can be requested at branches or by contacting us.
3. Manage your card PIN
You can now save time and avoid queuing at the ATM or branch by managing your card PIN via Westpac Live desktop, mobile and iPad app through your Westpac Live personal profile.
- Set your card PIN online at activation
- Change your card PIN at any time
Which cards are included?
Set card PIN online at activation and change card PIN online at any time*
- Business Debit Mastercard®
- Altitude Business Platinum
- Altitude Business Gold
- BusinessChoice Rewards Platinum
- BusinessChoice Everyday
- Employee Benefit Cards
- Corporate and Purchasing Cards
4. We've updated our website, sign in page and Westpac Live mobile banking app
- You’ll see that we have updated our sign-in page when you log onto Westpac Live on your desktop or via your mobile browser.
- Our mobile banking app has undergone a refresh so next time you log on, check out the new look and feel in QuickZone.
5. Make payments in Chinese Yuan
You can now make international payments and funds transfers in Chinese Yuan.
Terms and conditions apply.
6. Manage Term Deposits Online
You will now be able to conveniently manage your maturing Term Deposit online *.
This new feature will allow you to^;
- Provide maturity instructions for eligible Term Deposits during the variation period
- Rollover your Term Deposit, add additional funds and withdraw some or all of the funds
- Disburse funds to a linked account or other Australian financial institution
7. New Interest & Tax Report
New summary report of interest paid and received and tax withheld on your eligible accounts for last 3 years.
This is also available through your Westpac mobile & tablet banking app
8. Tablet Banking
Create, view and cancel recurring payments
9. Enhanced payment options
- Edit the name of your imported payment file so the description is more relevant to your business
- Use Funds Transfer to make immediate payments to your Corporate and Purchasing Cards
- International payment transaction limit increase to $500k AUD per transaction
10. New card servicing
- Report lost or stolen Business Choice credit cards and reissue new ones via Westpac Live
11. Updated Payments Screen
- The way you make payments is exactly the same however the different payment options of BPAY®, Pay Anyone and International are now divided by tabs, instead of a drop-down menu.
- There is a new tab on the Payments page called "All". This tab will help you search for all of the people (payees and billers) you have paid previously in a drop-down list.
12. Improved payment and approval functions
- A new payee can be created without the need for approval, if the relevant permission has been given by an Administrator. An Approver will still be able see it is a new payee as a 'New' flag will be indicated next to the payee's details.
- You will now be able to approve payments up to 90 days after they have been submitted. Good news if all of your payments were not approved on the day they were scheduled for approval.
- The number of payments that can be approved at one time has been increased to 20. Saving time if you have a number of payments to approve in one go.
- You can now use Pay Anyone to pay your own account. This is useful if you need to transfer money to a linked corporate or credit card facility.