Take payments on the go with Westpac’s Genie. It’s small enough to fit in your pocket, but powerful enough to track your sales, and even send, manage and chase invoices. Genie is a little bit of magic that makes getting paid easier.
With Genie you’ll get the tools you need to manage your business on the go:
Take payments, track sales and manage invoices from your mobile. Works with AndroidTM and iPhone. Access Genie from your desktop via the secure web portal.
Genie card reader
It's easy to use, secure and reliable. Small enough to add it to your belt or pop it in your pocket. Take card payments anywhere, anytime with ease.
Business One Low transaction account (monthly fee waived while on a Genie Pricing Plan)3. If you’re already a Westpac customer, you can also choose to settle into an eligible existing account.
If you're new to Westpac, we'll set you up with access to Online Banking and our award winning1 Westpac Mobile Banking Apps.
How it works
Did you know?
Genie has been designed for sole trader & sole director businesses.
For companies with more than one director or that require more than one terminal, we offer EFTPOS 1.
1. Process payments for multiple items in a single sale.
2. Choose from your most popular items or manually enter a price.
3. Track all of your sales whether your customers pay by cash or card.
4. Send receipts at the point of sale.
1. Create and send an invoice in just a few taps.
2. Add messages to your invoices.
3. Track overdue invoices and total amounts owing.
4. Easily see your communications with your customer, and chase payments from the app.
1. Create shortcuts for your popular products and services.
2. Add Images and descriptions and choose whether GST applies on each.
3. Items will sync across your devices so they’re with you wherever you go.
4. Keep track of your top selling items and how many you’ve sold.
1. Email receipts – enter an address or look up from your contacts list.
2. View all your receipts and see a summary of your takings by day, week and month.
3. View itemised breakdown of each transaction and re-send receipts.
4. Your customer will get an itemised email too.
Our monthly plans2 are designed to put the tools you need to take card payments into one simple solution at a predictable monthly cost.
No lock in contracts, making it easier for you to move between pricing options4.
|Pay As You Go (PAYG)||$25 Monthly Plan||$55 Monthly Plan|
|Monthly Plan Fee||$0 per month||$25 per month||$55 per month|
|Included transaction value for eftpos, Mastercard® and Visa cards using your card reader||$0||$1,000||$3,500|
|Fee for eftpos, Mastercard® and Visa card transactions over included transaction value in any given month||Flat rate of 1.95% for all transactions||1.5%||1.5%|
|A card reader to accept card payments||$100 Upfront Fee charged at establishment of merchant facility||$0||$0|
|Business One Low transaction account||Not applicable||Monthly fee waived (usually $10 per month) while you maintain your Genie Monthly Plan3||Monthly fee waived (usually $10 per month) while you maintain your Genie Monthly Plan3|
|Apply now||Apply now||Apply now|
Our monthly plans are designed to provide you with the tools you need to take card payments with a predictable monthly cost. Alternatively, if your card turnover fluctuates month to month, you can may choose to only be charged for the payments you process with our PAYG option.
We want to get you up and running to accept payments as quickly as possible.
Once approved, it generally takes less than 5 business days to receive your card reader, and you’ll be able to send invoices as soon as your facility is approved.
Apply online or over the phone. Our simple application takes less than 10 minutes, and includes everything you need to start accepting payments, including an Genie account and card reader, a Business One Low transaction account and Debit Mastercard®.
If you’re already a Westpac customer, you can also choose to settle into an eligible existing account.
If approved, we’ll send you an email with your new details and an SMS with your Genie password straight away.
We’ll send out your card reader within 1 business day and send you a tracking link once it’s been dispatched.
Once you receive your card reader and install the Genie Mobile app* on your Android™ or iPhone, you’ll be able to start taking payments instantly.
Things you should know
Applications for merchant services are subject to approval. Terms and conditions and fees and charges apply. Full details are available on request. Genie is currently available for Sole Traders and Sole Director companies only.
The Genie Mobile app is available on iPhone running iOS 8 or later and devices running Android™ 4.4 and above with Bluetooth® 4.0 compatibility.
1. Winner of the Best Innovative Online Banking Service in Money Magazine's 2015 Best of the Best Innovation awards and Good Design Award in the category of Digital and Online design - Good Design Australia 2014.
2. Genie Plans are not available for use outside of the indirect tax zone.
3. The Monthly Plan Fee for your Business One (Low) account will be waived while you continue to hold a Merchant Facility on a Genie Plan and settle to this account. The Business One (Low) account must be in the same name as the Merchant Facility. This offer is not applicable for any other account type and for a single account per Merchant Pricing Plan only. All other account fees and charges apply. Where you do not hold a Business One (Low) account or cease to hold a Merchant Facility on an Genie Plan, the standard Monthly Plan Fee will apply for the account. We may withdraw or vary any benefit under this offer by providing you 30 days’ written (including electronic) notice. This offer may be withdrawn or varied at any time.
4. Cancellation fees apply
World Mastercard®, Mastercard® and the Mastercard brand mark are registered trademarks, and PayPass is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.
Apple, the Apple logo and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Apple Watch is a trademark of Apple Inc. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Android is a trademark of Google Inc.