Dynamic Currency Conversion
Westpac Dynamic Currency Conversion (DCC)
Get more out of your international card sales.
The Westpac DCC service offers flexibility and choice for your international customers who would prefer to pay in their home currency. It is a simple solution that adds value to your service and generates additional revenue for you.
How does it work?
- The software is loaded onto your EFTPOS terminal
- The currency of the foreign card is identified automatically from the card number
- The EFTPOS terminal pulls the most current exchange rate and presents the offer on the screen
- The customer is offered the choice to pay in Australian Dollars (AU$) or their home currency
- Once they select their home currency the transaction is converted and will be processed in that currency
- The transaction amount and rate is fixed at the time of purchase
- You will generate revenue on every DCC transaction1.
What do I have to do?
When the DCC offer appears on the screen, all you have to do is ask the question:
‘Would you like to pay in your own currency?’ It’s that simple.
|Merchant benefits||Cardholder benefits|
|There are no extra fees for having DCC functionality on your terminal||Instant conversion to a familiar currency|
|The terminal determines if the card is eligible for DCC and also calculates the home currency amount||Competitive exchange rates|
|Westpac DCC can generate a new revenue stream for you - paid monthly in arrears||Customers know exactly what they are paying at the time of purchase allowing them to budget effectively|
|Westpac DCC allows you to offer a value added service to your international customers||No surprises when the card statement arrives|
|No foreign exchange risk to you||Value added service at the point of sale|
|Management reports to maximise your revenue potential||Simplifies expense account claims for business travellers|
With the Westpac DCC service, foreign exchange currency rates are electronically updated, ensuring that the most current conversion rates are used at the time of each transaction. Merchants and customers alike can conduct business with confidence, knowing the exact value of the transaction immediately in both the local and foreign currency.
The rates are sourced from Reuters and the margin applied is comparable to the Visa & Mastercard® margins that will be applied if the transaction is conducted in Australian Dollars (AU$).
Things you should know
1. No revenue will be provided in the event of a chargeback.
Applications for Dynamic Currency Conversion are subject to the Bank's prevailing approval criteria. Conditions apply.
World Mastercard®, Mastercard® and the Mastercard brand mark are registered trademarks, and PayPass is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.