EFTPOS machine costs
Our EFTPOS 1 and Presto Smart EFTPOS machines allow you to take payments anytime, anywhere in your business, with wireless portability. Here’s what you can expect to pay for this convenience:
1. Your EFTPOS monthly plan
- Choose a plan based on your likely monthly turnover^
- Plans range from $55 per month ($3,500 of card transactions) to $225 per month ($20,000 of card transactions)*
- Add $10 per month for a POS integrated solution3 (Presto Smart)
- Customised plans are available for higher turnovers
- Plans include Visa, Mastercard and eftpos transactions only
- Plans can be changed at any time with no lock-in contracts2.
2. Any additional turnover and card fees
- 1.5% fee for transactions above plan
- Additional fees for AMEX and UnionPay.
3. Any additional EFTPOS machines
- Standard plan includes one EFTPOS machine in one location
- Please contact us for details of additional machine costs.
4. One-off establishment fees
- $82.50 Standard Establishment Fee (currently waived)4.
5. Other fees (dependent on usage and circumstances)
- Stationery (paper rolls)
- Chargeback fees (for dispute investigations)
- Voice authorisation fees (should transactions require it).
Step 1 - Request a callback
We’ll contact you to discuss your business needs and help you apply without visiting a branch.
Step 2 - Receive your device
Once your application is approved, a technician will deliver your device or if you’re in a remote area, it will be delivered by courier.
Step 3 - Set up in 5 minutes
Your technician will carry out the installation, or follow our step-by-step instructions to integrate Presto Smart with your POS system and start getting paid.
Get a terminal, get an account
Business One High Plan or Low Plan monthly account fee waived for first 12 months while on a Merchant Pricing Plan (saving you up to $240)¹.
Terms and conditions, fees and charges apply. Find out more
Things you should know
Applications for merchant services are subject to approval. Terms and conditions and fees and charges apply. Full details are available on request.
^ To be eligible for the Westpac Merchant Pricing Plan you must hold and settle into a Westpac business transaction account in the same name as the Merchant Facility. Not available for use outside of the indirect tax zone. One terminal per Merchant Pricing Plan, per Merchant and available for EFTPOS 1 products only.
* 'of transactions' means the total maximum dollar value of Visa, Mastercard and eftpos transactions that can be processed through your Merchant Facility per calendar month included in the Participation Fee. If this included value is exceeded in a calendar month, a 1.5% fee applies to the total dollar value of Visa, Mastercard and eftpos transactions processed that exceeds this included value. Other card types are not included in the Westpac Merchant Pricing Plans and are subject to separate pricing.
1. The monthly account fee, currently $10 per month, for your Business One Low Plan account or $20 per month, for your Business One High Plan account will be waived for the first 12 months while you continue to hold and settle a Merchant Facility on a Merchant Pricing Plan. After the end of 12-month period, the standard monthly account fee (applicable at that time) will be applied. The Business One Low Plan or High Plan account must be in the same name as the Merchant Facility. This offer is not applicable for any other account type and for a single account per Merchant Pricing Plan only. All other account fees and charges apply. Where you do not hold a Business One Low Plan or High Plan account or cease to hold a Merchant Facility on a Merchant Pricing Plan, the standard monthly account fee will apply for the account. This offer may be withdrawn or varied at any time.
2. Cancellation fee applies. Changes to merchant pricing plans are effective from the following month.
3. The Point of Sale solutions are supplied by POS Providers, not Westpac. Westpac does not guarantee or endorse those products and any related services. You can find out if your POS is compatible with Presto Smart.
4. The Establishment Fee will be waived for successful application for a new Merchant Facility with an EFTPOS 1 standalone or Presto Smart terminal on a Merchant Pricing Plan. Eligibility criteria apply for a Merchant Facility and Merchant Pricing Plans. This offer may be withdrawn or varied at any time.
Mastercard® is a registered trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.