Asian Banking Services
Our strategic relationships
As Australian businesses continue to invest and grow internationally, they face a number of challenges across diverse regulatory, political and cultural environments. To help our customers address these challenges, Westpac has established a strategic relationship with Standard Chartered Bank.
Standard Chartered Bank has been a major banking force in Asia since the 1850's. Our association with this bank creates a powerful Australian-Asian banking service for our customers. We have combined Westpac's focus on Australasia with the Standard Chartered Bank's established presence in, and knowledge of, the business environment in Asia.
Significant customer benefits
Through this strategic relationship, our customers have access to:
- 260 offices in 21 countries in Asia - the broadest representation in Asia offered by a major Australian bank
- 150 years experience in Asia
- Performance guarantees and bid bonds – delivered by a local Asian bank to secure deals
- Transaction accounts in foreign currencies
- Credit facilities negotiated with Westpac – funds released in Asia
- Online Banking via Corporate Online - view Account balances and transfer funds in Asia from your PC (only available in Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Philippines, China, Japan, Taiwan and Thailand)
- A dedicated telephone line during business hours in Australia for all Asian account inquiries – no need to chase time zones.
Countries in Asia
Standard Chartered Bank has branches and representative offices in:
- Hong Kong
- South Korea
- Sri Lanka