Apply for import documentary letter of credit
Ready to apply for an Import Documentary Letter of Credit?
Before you get started, here are some things you may need to know.
Am I eligible?
You don't need to be an existing Westpac customer, but your business needs to be registered in Australia and operate as one of the below:
- A sole trader, individual or partnership
- A public or proprietary company
- An association or trust.
- To transact online, you need to have WinTrade access. Please call our International Trade Solutions team on 1300 139 152 (8am-5pm, Mon-Fri, Sydney time) for more details
- Non WinTrade customers should download and print the form. As the documentary credit incurs a liability against your company, some form of security is required.
What information do I need?
- Your personal details, such as your name and address
- If applying as a trust you will need trustee and beneficiary details.
What happens after I apply?
- Send the completed form to your nearest International Service Centre.
- Your application will be assessed against and must meet Westpac's customer and transactional underwriting standards for export transactions
- One of our International Business Managers will contact you by phone to explain the next steps within 24 hours of receipt of your application.
If you have any questions about your application
Please contact International Trade Solutions on 1300 139 152 (8am-5pm, Mon-Fri, Sydney time) for assistance.