An easy way to facilitate payments and manage international suppliers
A simple and secure way to do business overseas using your credit card.
Manage your cash flow more efficiently
- Use your existing credit cards1 to support and facilitate payment for imports instead of tapping into cash reserves
- Take advantage of your card's interest free payment terms and reward points2 and utilise your potential early payment benefits
- Free up your cash flow for other critical business needs.
Take the guesswork out of foreign exchange rates
- Access competitive real-time exchange rates
- Know exactly what a purchase will cost in AUD at the time of the transaction.
Management of your international supplier
- Manage your international suppliers on 1 platform allowing you to manage and track the entire supply chain process between you and your supplier; keeping you updated at every stage with email notifications
- Store all important documents at each stage from purchase orders and invoices to shipping and payment.
- International payments are made securely via Business Link and processed by Westpac
- Payments are deposited directly into the supplier's pre-registered bank account without your sensitive credit card information ever being disclosed to the supplier.
How it works
Business Link is an end-to-end online platform that facilitates payment for international suppliers by using your existing credit cards1 with access to competitive real-time exchange rates
The buyer applies for Business Link
The international supplier is invited by the buyer to apply for Business Link and join the buyer’s closed community with support in English and Mandarin.
- Buyer submits purchase order. The purchase order is based on the Buyer and Seller's Agreement formed outside of Business Link.
- Supplier accepts purchase order. Supplier submits invoice, documents (Bill of Lading or Airway Bill) and payment claims.
- Buyer authorises secure payment via Westpac Business Link using the buyer's credit card.2
- Payment is sent to the supplier's pre-registered account.
- Buyer receives the goods.
The following fees are payable by the Seller to Westpac for using Business Link:
Although Westpac does not charge a Seller any transaction fees, a Seller may be charged by other financial institutions or third party processing institutions for receiving an International Payment from a Buyer.
|International payment receipt fee||
Although Westpac does not charge a Seller for processing an International Payment made by a Buyer to a Seller, the services of other financial institutions or third party processing institutions may be used to carry out an International Payment. In many cases, these institutions will impose payment or handling fees and charges and are beyond our control. Westpac will not be liable for any amount deducted by, or payable to, another financial institution involved in carrying out an International Payment.
Fees and charges imposed by other financial institutions or third party processing institutions may be deducted from amounts transferred to the Seller. If this occurs, this means that the Seller will receive less than the Payment Amount.
Things you should know
1. Visa and MasterCard® are accepted on Business Link. MasterCard is a registered trademark of MasterCard International Incorporated.
2. Subject to the terms of your credit card.
You should read the Business Link Payment Service Product Disclosure Statement and the Business Link Terms and Conditions before making a decision and consider whether the product is appropriate for you. This information does not take into account your personal objectives, financial situation or needs and you should consider its appropriateness having regard to these factors before deciding to take up the product. Westpac is not responsible for the supply (or monitoring the supply) of any goods or services from the Seller to the Buyer initiated through the Business Link platform. If there is a problem with the goods or services (including delivery), the Buyer must contact and resolve this with the Seller directly. Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL 233714 is the issuer of the Business Link Payments Service made available on Business Link.