Apply for export documentary letter of credit
Ready to apply for Export Documentary Letter of Credit?
This product is designed for businesses seeking secure receipt of payments from international customers.
Before you get started, here are some things you may need to know.
Am I eligible?
You don't need to be an existing Westpac customer, but your business needs to be registered in Australia and operate as:
- A sole trader, individual or partnership
- A public or proprietary company
- An association or trust.
What information do I need?
- Your personal details, such as your name and address
- If applying as a trust you will need trustee and beneficiary details.
What happens after I apply?
- Select the applicable form below
- When you are ready to submit documents drawn under your Export Documentary Credit, send them and the completed form from below to your nearest Westpac International Service Centre
- Your application will be assessed against and must meet Westpac's customer and transactional underwriting standards for export transactions
- One of our International Business Managers will contact you by phone to explain the next steps within 24 hours of receipt of your application.
If you have any questions about your application, please contact International Trade Solutions on 1300 139 152 (8am-5pm, Mon-Fri, Sydney time) for assistance.
Export documentary letter of credit forms
|You need an export lodgement form when presenting export documents to Westpac for forwarding overseas. The form provides instructions for dealing with documentary credit or documentary collection, as well as payment of proceeds.||Read the instructions
|An on demand draft or bill of exchange is a demand for sight payment issued by one party (the seller) on another party (the buyer). This form is to be used in conjunction with the export lodgement instructions.||Read the instructions
|A term draft or bill of exchange is a demand for term payment issued by one party (the seller) on another party (the buyer). This form is to be used in conjunction with the export lodgement instructions.||Read the instructions