Assistance for small to medium export businesses
EFIC Export Working Capital Guarantee (EWCG) is a direct guarantee to secure financing that Westpac extends to its small to medium sized export customers.
EFIC EWCG supports the working capital needs of exporters of goods and services for a specific export transaction or contract.
What is EFIC?
The Export Finance and Insurance Corporation (EFIC), a self-funding statutory corporation wholly owned by the Commonwealth of Australia has a mandate to profitably support the growth of Australian businesses internationally, particularly in the 'market gap' where private sector capacity is insufficient or unavailable. The Corporation:
- Allows exporters to build capacity, enabling them to broaden their reach into new global markets, expand into new product opportunities and further penetrate existing markets
- Provides support for pre- or post-shipment finance for one or many export contracts
- Has the flexibility of guarantees that can be tailored to the individual requirements of export businesses.
How does the guarantee work?
The guarantee provides the security needed for Westpac to lend funds to customers under these conditions:
- Minimum guarantee of $500,000
- Guarantee covering multiple contracts is generally for a term of up to 12 months
- The term is agreed and aligned to the payment schedule under the contract
- Availability is in all major currencies
- Supports a single export contract or multiple export contracts with different buyers
- Subject to Westpac's full credit assessment and approval.
Things you should know
Credit facilities are subject to application and the Bank's normal lending assessment criteria. Fees and charges may apply to the products and services listed. Full details of the Terms and Conditions for all the products and services which do not have a Product Disclosure Statement are available on application.