Skip to main content Skip to main navigation
Skip to access and inclusion page Skip to search input

Ready to apply for a Foreign Currency Overdraft?

Before you get started, here are some things you may need to know.

Am I eligible?

You don't need to be an existing Westpac customer, but your business needs to be registered in Australia and operate as one of the below:

  • A sole trader, individual or partnership
  • A public or proprietary company
  • An association or trust.


A minimum $100,000 limit applies.

What information do I need?

You may need to produce proof of income and other supporting documents. When we speak to you about your needs, we’ll let you know what we need to assess your application.

What happens after I apply?

  • Your application will be assessed and if approved, we’ll mail it out to you to sign
  • As soon as you return the documents your overdraft will be operational
  • New customers: once you receive your documents, take them to a branch where you and any other signatories need to be formally identified.