Apply for foreign currency accounts
Ready to apply for a Foreign Currency Account?
Before you get started, here are some things you may need to know.
Am I eligible?
A Foreign Currency Account is offered to Westpac business customers that have payments, receipts and investments in non-Australian currencies. Your business needs to operate as one of the below:
- A sole trader, individual or partnership
- A public or proprietary company
- An association or trust.
- Individuals may apply for this account only for business or investment purposes
- This account is available online only for Corporate Online customers.
What information do I need?
- Your Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Details for every signatory: Date of Birth, Westpac 8-digit customer ID (if applicable) and Australian driver's licence (where applicable)
- If you’re applying on behalf of a trust, you'll also need trustee and beneficiary details (if applicable).
What happens after I apply?
We will contact you to explain the next steps once we receive your application.