Support measures for Small Business Insurance customers impacted by COVID-19
The following measures have been put in place to support our existing small business policyholders who are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19. These measures are being provided by Allianz Australia Limited as the provider of this insurance. Terms and Conditions apply. Please find the eligibility criteria below at the bottom of this article.
Please note: Due to the changing environment, our support measures have recently been updated. If your insured business premises is currently unoccupied please read the following information carefully, as you may need to notify Allianz to maintain your cover.
Maintaining full cover for those needing to leave their premises vacant due to COVID-19. Available for Victoria until further notice. Available for all other states and territories until 8 October 2020.
We will maintain full cover for existing customers whose business premises are temporarily vacant due to COVID-19 for the time periods indicated below.
If your insured business premises are located in Victoria this support measure remains in place until further notice.
If your insured business premises are located in all other states or territories, excluding Victoria, this will be applied until 8 October 2020.
If your premises remain vacant from 9 October 2020 you have 90 days to notify Allianz to ensure your cover remains unaffected.
Please call 1800 502 077. If you do not notify Allianz PDS conditions will apply, including any applicable exclusion.
Deferring premium payments for up to six months for eligible customers experiencing financial hardship from the impact of Covid-19. Request by 31 December 2020.
If you are an existing customer, you have the option to defer the payment of your small business annual or monthly premium for up to six months, subject to eligibility criteria, to allow you to pay at a later date while maintaining your insurance coverage. This is available for request until 31 December 2020 and can only be requested once. If you need to make a claim during this time, the cost of your premium will be deducted from any claims payment.
You can read full eligibility criteria below.
Eligibility criteria for small business policyholders
To be eligible for the relief measures, customers must meet ALL of the following elements:
1. Must be a current Westpac Small Business Insurance policyholder;
2. Fall within the SME definition set out in the Interim Authorisation by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission on 2 April 2020, namely that the small business must be an individual, partnership, company or trust:
- 20 employees or less (or less than 100 employees for manufacturing); and
- annual turnover less than $10 million.
3. Hold one of the following specified business insurance policies only (it does not apply to any other insurance policies you may hold):
- Business Pack, Small Business Advantage Pack, Office Pack
- Trades and Services Pack, Motor Trades Pack, Commercial Motor Insurance
4. Currently facing financial hardship as a result of COVID-19 as meeting one or more of the following guidelines:
- Business closed as a result of Federal, State or Territory Government directive in a key sector; or
- Business receiving the Job Keeper payments
If any individual small business does not meet the criteria in 1 to 4 above, other hardship options may be available. Please contact us on 1800 502 077.
To be eligible for flexible premium arrangements, small business policyholders must have a policy where the policyholder has elected to pay premiums:
- On an annual basis and is due for renewal on or before 31 December 2020; or
- On an instalment basis provided they request the flexible premium payments before 31 December 2020.
- Not previously requested a deferral of premium payments.