Pick and choose insurance to match your business.
Westpac can assist you to arrange a selection of cover options for your business insurance needs
Cover benefit options such as Public and Products Liability, Personal Accident and Sickness, Material Damage, Theft and Glass plus many more.
Types of cover
You can apply to buy any of the following – you choose what you need
The following is a summary of cover options (see relevant section of the Product Disclosure Statement for details, relevant limits, and specific conditions and exclusions that apply).
- Fire and Perils - covers damage to the insured property caused by defined sudden, unexpected, or unforeseen occurrences
- Business Interruption - covering consequential loss of income and/or profits from the interruption of or the interference with the business caused by events covered under Fire & Perils, Theft, Money and Glass. A number of additional and optional benefits are available
- Theft - insuring against the loss or damage to property insured due to defined events relating to theft and provides a number of automatic additional benefits
- Money - provides cover for loss of money for specified losses including money in transit, money contained in the premises and in your personal custody
- General Property - covers damage to property insured caused by sudden or unexpected or unforeseen loss not otherwise excluded. Note: any individual item worth more than $2,000 must be specified
- Glass - Covers against the accidental breakage of glass with automatic additional benefits
- Public and Products Liability - offering cover for the amounts that you may be legally liable to pay as compensation for personal injury and/or property damage occurring within Australia as a result of an occurrence in connection with the insured business
- Personal Accident and Sickness - cover for you or an insured employee in the event of a defined accident or illness, this cover can help to reduce the impact on your business
- Employee Dishonesty - insuring against the loss of property insured (including money) resulting from the fraudulent or dishonest conduct of your employee for their own financial gain
- Machinery Breakdown - covering damage to insured machinery property caused by breakdown; includes a number of automatic additional benefits plus the optional benefit of deterioration of stock
- Computer / Electronic Equipment - covering loss of, damage to or breakdown of insured computers and/or electronic equipment caused by a defined event. This includes a number of additional and optional benefits
- Transit - insuring against the loss or damage to your stock or goods following a defined event such as fire or vehicle overturning while in transit within defined geographical limits.
To lodge your claim you'll need
- Policy information, including your policy number
- Information about the incident
- Where the damage occurred, people, vehicles and/or property involved.
To ensure privacy is maintained, other identification questions may be asked to confirm you are the policy holder.
To make a claim, call a business insurance specialist on 1800 502 077, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Visit a branch
Things you should know
Business Insurance is issued by Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 (Allianz). Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 (the Bank) refers clients to Allianz for their business insurance needs, but does not guarantee the insurance. If you take out Business Insurance with Allianz, the Bank will receive a commission of 14% of the first year’s premium and 10% of the premium for any renewals (exclusive of GST) and may also receive a step-up commission based on annual sales of certain general insurance products by Allianz. Policy terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. This information does not take into account your personal circumstances. Read the Product Disclosure Statement, to see if this insurance is right for you. Call 1800 502 077.
^ Premiums payable by instalments may be subject to minor adjustments due to rounding and financial institution transaction fees may apply.
- How you can access the personal information Westpac holds about you and ask for it to be corrected;
- How you can complain about a breach of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) or a registered Code by Westpac and how Westpac will deal with your complaint; and
- How Westpac collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information in more detail.