Altitude Business Gold Mastercard
Looking to apply for a new Altitude Business Gold Mastercard?
Our Altitude Business Gold Mastercard credit card is no longer available. See our full range of available credit cards.
Altitude Business Mastercard holders
If you currently have an Altitude Business Gold Mastercard, nothing has changed. Existing benefits, features, fees and the conditions that apply are outlined below.
- Earn 1 Altitude point per $1 spent on purchases on your Altitude Business Gold Mastercard
- Earn 0.5 Altitude points per $1 spent on government payments with Altitude Business Gold card
- For each statement cycle a points cap of 20,000 points applies when using either or both cards. Bonus points do not count towards the points cap
- Redeem Altitude points for points in 6 different frequent flyer programs, including, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Australia's Velocity, Malaysia Airline's Enrich, Air New Zealand Airpoints, and Cathay Pacific AsiaMiles
- Up to 55 interest free days on purchases, where the closing balance is paid in full by the statement due date each month, to help better manage your cash flow
- A wide range of complimentary insurance covers including business, travel and purchase security insurance
- Get extra card security and peace of mind with several technologies through the Westpac Added Online Security service
- A personal liability business credit card, with credit limits from $5,000 to $50,000 available
- Minimum annual income to apply for Altitude Business Gold is $30,000
- Annual fee currently $150.
Variable interest rates
On purchases - 20.24% p.a.
On cash advances - 20.74% p.a.
What is a statement cycle?
The period from one statement date to the next statement date is called the monthly statement cycle. The statement date is the date your statement is issued.
With Altitude Business Credit Cards, use your Altitude reward points to redeem a great range of rewards, for you or your business.
Earning reward points
- Earn 1 Altitude point per $1 spent on your Altitude Business Gold Mastercard
- For each statement cycle a points cap of 20,000 points applies when using either or both cards. Bonus points do not count towards the points cap.
Redeeming your reward points
Redeem your Altitude reward points (minimum 3,000) for a wide range of rewards including:
- Business rewards including office furniture and office technology
- Redeem points for dollars into superannuation with BT Super for Life
- Gift vouchers
Visit altituderewards.com.au to find out more.
Use your Altitude points to redeem frequent flyer points in 6 different frequent flyer programs:
- Qantas Frequent Flyer
- Virgin Australia's Velocity
- Malaysia Airline's Enrich
- Air New Zealand Airpoints
- Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer
- Cathay Pacific AsiaMiles
Check altituderewards.com.au for participating updates and special promotions.
Complimentary insurance covers:
- Overseas Travel insurance (includes your spouse and certain dependent children) for up to 3 months - when overseas return tickets are purchases on your credit card before you leave
- Transit Accident insurance - protection against specified accidental death or injury when sustained while riding as a passenger in a plane, bus, train or ferry.
Purchase related insurance
- Purchase Security insurance - cover of up to $5,000 for up to 90 days against specified loss, theft or damage to business items or personal goods purchased anywhere in the world using your credit card
- Extended Warranty insurance - beyond the expressed Australian warranty on business items (by up to 3 months) and personal goods (by up to 12 months) when using your credit card
- Account holder's Guaranteed Pricing Scheme cover - use your credit card to purchase business items or personal goods up to $350 anywhere in Australia and if you're the account holder of the Altitude Business Gold credit card, you're guaranteed the best price on the Australian market for that product or model where the price difference is greater than $75.
Business related insurance
- Account holder's Unauthorised Transaction insurance - receive automatic protection (up to $20,000 per cardholder and $150,000 per account holder) against unauthorised transactions made by cardholders in a 12 month period (if you are the principal and the account holder of the card)
- Account holder's Business Inconvenience insurance - cover for up to $10,000 a year if the account holder's business premises are invaded during normal business hours, and up to $10,500 for recruitment expenses incurred for replacement of a cardholder unable to continue their employment.
Add one additional cardholder (16 years or older) at no extra cost
The account holder (primary cardholder) is responsible for all transactions on this card and their own card.
Contactless technology, a faster way to pay
For a fast and convenient payment option for purchases under $100 - simply hold your contactless card against the terminal wherever you see the contactless symbol or your card logo - no need to enter a PIN or sign (where available).
As well as an embedded microchip, take advantage of additional security measures helping defend against fraudulent activity:
- Register with Mastercard® SecureCode™, or Verified by Visa, through the Westpac Added Online Security service
- Fraud Protection 24/7
|Fees (these may change)||Amount|
|Foreign Transaction Fee||
A Foreign Transaction Fee is payable as a percentage of the Australian dollar value of any Foreign Transaction.
The percentage will vary depending on the applicable credit card scheme:
(1) Transactions in foreign currency
(2) Transactions in Australian dollars and the merchant or financial institution accepting the card is located overseas:
Note: It may not always be clear to you that the Merchant or entity processing the transaction is located outside Australia.
|Cash advances/Withdrawal fee||
An administrative charge of 2% of the value of the transaction will apply to each cash advance made on your card account, where your account has a negative (debit) balance after the transaction has been posted to it. A minimum charge of $2.50 and a maximum charge of $150 will apply.
Where your account has a positive (credit) balance after the transaction has been posted to it, only a charge of $2.50 will apply.
These charges will appear on your credit card statement directly below the relevant cash advance.
|Missed payment charge||$15 may be payable each statement cycle that the whole of the minimum monthly payment is not paid by the statement due date. If charged, the missed payment charge will be debited to your account.|
|Over-limit fee||$15 may be debited from your Gold credit card account every time you exceed your credit limit during a statement cycle. It is debited from your account in that statement cycle, on or after the day(s) your credit limit is exceeded. This fee may also be charged whenever your account is over limit at the commencement of a statement cycle.|
|Duplicate statement fee||$2 may be debited from your Gold credit card account if you, or an additional cardholder, order a copy of a statement that has already been issued for your account. This fee is debited from your account on or after the day you order the duplicate statement.|
|Purchases||20.24% p.a. (variable)|
|Cash advances||20.74% p.a. (variable)|
Please feel free to contact us anytime on 132 142.
Complimentary insurance covers (effective 1 October 2017): AWP Australia Pty Ltd, ABN 52 097 227 177, AFSL 245631, of 74 High Street, Toowong, QLD 4066 (trading as Allianz Global Assistance) under a binder from the underwriter, Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850, AFSL 234708, has issued an insurance group policy to Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714 (Westpac), of 275 Kent Street, Sydney, NSW 2000 which allows eligible Westpac account holders and cardholders to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. The terms, conditions, limits and exclusions of the group policy are set out in the Westpac Business Credit Cards Complimentary Insurance Policy which may be amended from time to time. Westpac does not guarantee the insurance. You can get a copy of the policy booklet by downloading
Earning and redeeming Altitude rewards points on all Altitude credit cards
For how and when you earn Altitude rewards points and how you redeem them, see the Altitude Rewards Terms and Conditions and visit altituderewards.com.au. No points expiry while you remain an Altitude card holder. For each statement cycle a points cap of 20,000 points applies when using either or both cards. Bonus points do not count towards the points cap.
Earning and redeeming Altitude rewards points: You can earn and redeem Altitude rewards points as set out in the Altitude Business Rewards Terms and Conditions. No points expiry while you remain an Altitude card holder. In each statement cycle a points cap of 20,000 points applies to Altitude Business Gold credit cards when using either or both cards. Bonus points do not count towards the points cap. You must be a member of the relevant frequent flyer program to redeem Altitude points for frequent flyer points. The Altitude Business Rewards Terms and Conditions and the terms and conditions of the relevant frequent flyer program apply. A joining fee may apply. Availability of award flights may be limited.
World Mastercard®, Mastercard® and the Mastercard brand mark are registered trademarks, and PayPass is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.