Here to help with the change from Visa to Mastercard®.
Why is my card changing?
This change is part of the transition of Westpac credit cards from Visa to Mastercard. There’s no extra cost involved, and your fees, charges and interest rates won’t increase as part of the change.
1. Continue to use your current card as usual
Once your replacement card arrives in the post, you're ready to continue. To ensure you receive your card, please make sure your address is up to date in Online Banking.
3. Switch any regular payments
Update any regular payments or information stored online with your new credit card number and expiry date.
4. Re-register any third-parties
Re-register people, like your accountant or financial administrator, who had access to your account in Online Banking. More information.
Benefits that help you do business
Peace of mind
Helpful business tools and tips
Don't forget, as a Westpac business customer, you can also utilise our range of free online business resources via the Westpac Business Hub.
Here's a few to get you started:
1. Plan ahead for tax time
Separating business and personal expenses with different credit cards will help minimise admin at tax time.
2. Utilise Biz Invoice
If you hold a Business One Low or High transaction account, you have access to Biz Invoice through Online Banking. It's a free online invoice tool that lets you create and manage invoices online as well as automate reconciliation, payment reminders and more.
3. Make the most of Westpac Live
You can export your transactions from our online banking platform and import files into accounting software like Xero or MYOB.
Updating regular payments
When your replacement card arrives, you'll need to update any regular payments and information stored online with your replacement card number, otherwise payments may be declined.
Consider things like:
1. Long-term suppliers who have your current card details stored or saved.
2. Direct debits set up on your card, such as utilities or any employee phone accounts.
3. Online accounts where your current card information is stored, such as Uber or PayPal.
4. Digital wallets such as Google PayTM or Samsung PayTM.
How to update:
Some service providers will let you update your payment details online, while others will require you to download a form or speak to them over the phone.
Frequently asked questions
What’s not changing?
Your statement cycle and PIN remain the same as part of this change and will automatically roll over to your replacement Mastercard upon activation. Your fees, rates and changes are not increasing as part of this change.
Do I have to add my card to Online Banking?
No. Once you activate your replacement card, you’ll see it when you sign in to Online Banking.
What will happen to my current Visa card?
Your current Visa card will stop working shortly after we send you your replacement Mastercard.1 You should destroy your Visa card once you activate your replacement Mastercard1. If you have any regular payments set up, be sure to contact the service provider and pass on your new card details.
When I activate my replacement card, what happens to my existing credit card account balance and any balance transfer amounts?
Your credit card account balances and any balance transfers on your current card account will be transferred to your replacement Altitude Business Platinum or Altitude Business Gold Mastercard account. The same variable interest rates and any promotional periods will apply to the balances transferred.
Will I still have access to my past statements through Westpac Online Banking?
Yes. You’ll still be able to view your past statements on your current Altitude Business Platinum or Altitude Business Gold Visa card account, under Statements > Closed Accounts. Any statements from at least the past 7 years can also be ordered by calling the Customer Care on 1800 080 003 (charges may apply). Remember to download and save your statements for your records.
Will this replacement affect or change my credit rating?
I have multiple Visa credit card accounts. Will they all be moved to Mastercard at the same time?
The transition to Mastercard is happening for Westpac Business Visa credit card cardholders generally and will take some time to complete.
Can I request a Visa card instead?
No, we no longer offer Business Visa credit cards.
What happens if I lose my Visa before my replacement Mastercard arrives?
If your credit card is lost or stolen, simply call +132 142 or if outside Australia +61 2 9155 7700 (outside Australia), 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, or visit a branch.
What happens to my regular payments?
Once you receive your replacement card, you will need to update your credit card details anywhere you have your Visa credit card number stored. Otherwise, there is a risk that important payments will not be honoured. Changes to consider include:
- Monthly or weekly ‘Pay Anyone’ and BPAY payments as well as regular payments where you have supplied your credit card number. For example, payments for insurance policies, electricity bills, and employee mobile phones.
- Long-term suppliers who have your current card details stored or saved.
- Annual subscriptions and membership fees.
- Anywhere you or your employees have your card number stored online, including Uber and PayPal.
Do my interest free days change?
No, there will be no change to your current interest free days as part of these changes. If we make changes to your card account we will notify you, in accordance with your credit card contract.
Will my additional cardholder also receive a replacement Mastercard?
Yes, both the primary and additional cardholders will receive a replacement Mastercard. We will send the additional cardholder’s card to the primary cardholder’s address. Remember the primary cardholder will need to activate their card for all the cards linked to the account to work.
Where will my replacement Mastercard be sent?
We will send your replacement Mastercard to the nominated credit card account address we have for you. Remember, we will send the additional cardholder’s card to the primary cardholder’s address. If you think the address we have for you is out of date, please call our dedicated line on 1800 080 003.
What if I live outside Australia?
If you live in a country other than Australia, your card will be sent to the nominated credit card account address we have for you. If you would like to update your address, please call us on 1800 080 003.
How do I activate my replacement Mastercard?
Can I request to receive my card any sooner?
Unfortunately, you can’t request to receive your replacement Mastercard sooner than what we’ve outlined in our communication ‘Your business credit card is changing’. It should be with you 4-5 weeks after you receive notification of the change. In the meantime, continue to use your current card.2
Why haven’t I received a card?
Your new card should have been delivered within 4-5 weeks of your initial notification. If you have not received your card, please call us on 1800 080 003. Note, there may be circumstances where a replacement Mastercard will not be sent (including if your card account is being managed by Westpac Assist).
What happens if I lose my replacement Mastercard?
If your replacement credit card is lost or stolen, simply call 132 142 or if outside Australia +61 2 9155 7700 (outside Australia), 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, or visit a branch.
What does Complimentary insurance4 cover?
As an eligible cardholder you have the benefit of complimentary cover for overseas travel, extended warranty, purchase security insurance and transit accident insurance, subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions set out in the .
Here is a summary of the complimentary covers (refer to the policy for further details including to check whether you are eligible).
Overseas travel insurance
- Medical and hospital expenses incurred overseas;
- Loss or damage to personal goods/business items;
- Loss or damage to travel documents;
Transit accident insurance
Cover against specified accidental death or injury sustained overseas while riding as a passenger in (not as a pilot, driver or crew member), or boarding or alighting a plane, bus, train or ferry as outlined in the Westpac Credit Cards Complimentary Insurance Policy.
Purchase security insurance
Cover against loss, theft or accidental damage for a range of purchases in Australia and overseas provided the item is purchased using your Altitude Business Platinum or Altitude Business Gold Mastercard.
Extended warranty insurance
Insurance cover in addition to the manufacturer's expressed Australian warranty on a range of personal items purchased using your Altitude Business Platinum or Altitude Business Gold Mastercard.
What will happen to my rewards points?
Your rewards points will automatically roll over to your replacement Mastercard after you activate your new card.
Will I continue to earn points5?
Yes. You will continue earning Points on eligible purchases, which you can redeem for a great range of rewards, for you or your business.
What should I do if I have a current card complaint/fraud/dispute case?
Any refunds, reimbursements or compensation owed on your current Visa card will still be credited to you. If you have activated your Mastercard during the investigation, the refund will be applied to your replacement Mastercard.
Why is my card blocked?
If you are unable to use your card, please contact our Customer Care team on 1800 080 003 8am-8pm, 7 days a week local time.
Things you should know
1. If you have an outstanding balance on your account, you will need to continue to make repayments in accordance with your credit card contract. Transactions on your old Visa Credit Card, and any additional cards, may no longer work. If you have regular payments (also known as direct debits) on your old Visa Credit Card, some of these payments may still be charged to your card account.
2. There may be circumstances where we will be unable to send you the Mastercard® referred to in this message, including in some circumstances where you ask us to reissue your credit card (or have done so recently). If this occurs, we may instead reissue your Visa credit card, and the changes referred to in this communication will not take effect unless we notify you otherwise.
3. Up to 55 interest free days on purchases when you pay your closing balance in full by the due date shown on your statement each month.
4. Complimentary insurance covers: AWP Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177 AFSL 245631 (trading as Allianz Global Assistance) under a binder from the insurer, Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708 has issued an insurance group policy to Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714 (Westpac) which allows eligible Westpac cardholders to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. Any advice on insurance is general advice only and not based on any consideration of your objectives, financial situation or needs. The terms, conditions, limits and exclusions of the group policy are set out in the / which may be amended from time to time. Westpac does not guarantee this insurance.
5. Rewards Points: The earning and redemption of Altitude Points and Qantas Points is subject to the Westpac Altitude Business Rewards and Altitude Qantas Terms and Conditions.
Westpac is the credit provider and credit licensee under National Consumer Credit Laws. Mastercard® is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated. © 2019 Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714.