Here to help with the change from Visa to Mastercard®
Why is my card changing?
BusinessChoice Rewards Platinum Visa cards will soon be replaced by BusinessChoice Rewards Platinum Mastercards. It's part of a change happening for Westpac credit cardholders to ensure we continue to meet the needs of our customers now and into the future.
1. Make sure your details are up-to-date
Ensure the Principal cardholder(s) have checked that their cardholder details and business’ address are up to date. Simply call 1300 650 107. Once your cards arrive, continue to step two.
2. Activate the principal card(s) first
Simply sign in to westpac.com.au/activate.
Your Online Banking details, facility number, and PIN haven't changed.
3. Activate Additional card(s) second
Once principal cardholder(s) have activated, the additional cardholders can then activate their replacement cards by signing in to westpac.com.au/activate.
4. Update your regular payments
If we can identify any regular payments on your card(s), we’ll send a list of these alongside your replacement Mastercard(s).
All cardholders can continue using their Visa card(s) until the replacement Mastercard(s) arrive.
Once principal cardholder(s) have activated their card(s), it could take up to one business day before the card(s) can be used. If activated after hours, at the weekend or on a public holiday it could take up to two business days.
Benefits that help you do business
Uncapped rewards points2
There's no limit to the number of Qantas Points you can earn each statement cycle.
Interest free days
Enjoy up to 55 interest free days on purchases, available when you pay your balance by the statement due date each month.
Travel knowing that you, your family, your business and your possessions may be covered against injury, loss, theft or damage as set out in your policy (conditions, limits and exclusions apply).
Helpful business tools and tips
Don't forget, as a BusinessChoice Rewards Platinum customer, you can also utilise our range of free online business resources via the Westpac Business Hub.
Here's a few to get you started:
1. Plan ahead for tax time
Separating business and personal expenses with different credit cards will help minimise admin at tax time.
2. Utilise Biz Invoice
If you hold a Business One Low or High transaction account, you have access to Biz Invoice through Online Banking. It's a free online invoice tool that lets you create and manage invoices online as well as automate reconciliation, payment reminders and more.
Updating regular payments
When your replacement cards arrive, you’ll need to update any regular payments and information stored online with your replacement card numbers, otherwise payments may be declined.
Consider things like:
1. Long-term suppliers who have your current card details stored or saved.
2. Direct debits set up on your card, such as utilities or any employee phone accounts.
3. Online accounts where your current card information is stored, such as Uber or PayPal.
How to update:
Some service providers will let you update your payment details online, while others will require you to download a form or speak to them over the phone.
Frequently asked questions
All cards attached to your Visa facility will stop working shortly after we send you your replacement Mastercards.1
What happens to the balances on my credit card account?
Once activated, your current Visa billing account balances will transfer to your new Mastercard billing account. The Mastercard billing account and activated cards will appear in Online Banking within one business day of principal cardholder(s) activating their cards. It could take up to two business days if activated after hours, at the weekend or on a public holiday.
Will my credit limit or credit rating change?
The change from Visa to Mastercard will not change your credit limit on your credit card facility or the individual cards, and your credit rating will not be impacted.
Will the card’s interest free days change?
No, there will be no change to your card’s interest free days. If we make changes to your BusinessChoice credit card facility, we’ll notify you in accordance with your credit card contract.
What happens if I have more than one BusinessChoice facility?
This transition is happening for BusinessChoice credit cards. If you have multiple BusinessChoice Visa facilities, they could transition at various times throughout 2020.
Can I request Visa cards instead?
No, Westpac no longer offer BusinessChoice Rewards Platinum Visa credit cards.
What happens if I lose my Visa card before I can activate my replacement Mastercard?
What happens to my regular payments?
You’ll need to update your credit card details anywhere they’re stored. Otherwise, you could miss important payments.
- Monthly or weekly ‘Pay Anyone’ and BPAY payments.
- Regular payments with merchants who have your card details stored, such as insurance policies, electricity bills, and employee mobile phones.
- Long-term suppliers who have your current card details stored or saved.
- Annual subscriptions and membership fees.
- Online locations you or your employees have your card number stored online, including Uber and PayPal.
How do I activate my replacement Mastercard?
Will additional cardholders also receive a replacement Mastercard?
Yes, all Principal and additional cardholders will receive a replacement Mastercard. We’ll send all cards to the company address we have on file. Principal cardholders will need to activate their cards before any other cardholders can use their card.
Where will my replacement Mastercard be sent?
We’ll send the replacement Mastercard(s) for all cardholders to the nominated business’ address. If you think the address we have for you is out of date call our dedicated line on 1300 650 107 to update your details.
What if a Principal or additional cardholder has left my business?
All principal cardholder(s) will be required to activate their cards before the billing account is activated. That means you may not be able to access the facility if their details are not up to date. If an employee has left the business and you’d like to cancel their card, you’ll need to contact our dedicated line on 1800 080 003.
Can I request to receive my card any sooner?
Unfortunately, you can’t request to receive your replacement Mastercard sooner. It should be with you 4-5 weeks after you receive our ‘Your BusinessChoice credit card is changing’ communication. In the meantime, continue to use your current card.1
What if I live outside Australia?
All cards will be sent to the nominated company address where your statements are sent. If you’d like to update your address, please call us on 1300 650 107.
Why haven’t I received a card?
Your replacement Mastercards should have arrived within 4-5 weeks of your initial notification. If you haven’t received your card, please call 1800 080 003. If your card account is being managed by Westpac Assist, there may be circumstances where a replacement Mastercard will not be sent.
What happens if I lose my replacement Mastercard?
If your replacement Mastercard is lost or stolen, visit a branch, call +132 142 if calling from Australia, or +61 2 9155 7700 if calling internationally. Our phone lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
What does Complimentary insurance cover?
Travel knowing that you, your family, your business and your possessions may be covered against injury, loss, theft or damage as set out in your policy (conditions, limits and exclusions apply).3
What will happen to my rewards points?
Your Qantas rewards points will automatically roll over to your replacement Mastercard after you activate it.
Will I continue to earn points2?
Yes. The business will continue earning points on eligible purchases.2
What should I do if I have a current card complaint/fraud/dispute case?
Any refunds, reimbursements or compensation owed on your current Visa card will still be credited to you. If you have activated your Mastercard during the investigation, the refund will be applied to your replacement Mastercard.
Why is my Visa card blocked?
If you’re unable to use your card it is likely you haven’t activated your replacement Mastercard and it has now been blocked. You can activate via Online Banking, by calling 1300 308 930, or by visiting your local branch.
Things you should know
1. There may be circumstances where we will be unable to send you the Mastercard® referred to in this message, including in some instances where you ask us to reissue your credit card (or have done so recently). If this occurs, we may instead reissue your Visa credit card, and the changes referred to in this communication will not take effect unless we notify you otherwise.
2. Earning and Redeeming Qantas Points: To use Qantas Points earned by your business, simply transfer them to any Qantas Frequent Flyer account (Qantas Point earn rates may vary between Qantas Partners). Qantas Partner conditions and earning thresholds apply. We recommend you consult your accountant or tax adviser to ensure you understand possible tax implications, for example fringe benefits tax (if applicable). You must be a Qantas Frequest Flyer member to earn and redeem Qantas points. Membership and the earning and redemption of Qantas Points are subject to the Qantas Points on use of a card or card account where for that statement period, a billing Account or card account is in arrears or over limit at the end of that statement period. Any Qantas Points earned in that relevant statement period will be forfeited. Eligible purchases do not include fees, cash, cash equivalent transactions, BPAY, BPAY equivalent transaction, refunds and balance transfers debited from the card account.
3. Complimentary insurance covers: AWP Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177 AFSL 245631 (trading as Allianz Global Assistance) under a binder from the insurer, Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708 has issued an insurance group policy to Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714 (Westpac) which allows eligible Westpac cardholders to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. Any advice on insurance is general advice only and not based on any consideration of your objectives, financial situation or needs. The terms, conditions, limits and exclusions of the group policy are set out in the / which may be amended from time to time. Westpac does not guarantee this insurance.
Mastercard® is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated. © 2019 Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714.