Accessible products and services
We offer a range of day to day and savings accounts to meet customers' specific needs and help make banking easy.
Westpac Choice - concession holders - This basic low-cost transaction account is designed for those receiving Australian social security benefits.
- No monthly service fee
- Unlimited transactions across Westpac branches, Westpac, St. George, BankSA and Bank of Melbourne ATMs, Online Banking, Telephone Banking and EFTPOS
- Staff assistance wherever you need it, at a branch or over the phone.
Westpac 55+and Retired account - for retirees aged 55 or over and those with concession cards receiving an Australian pension, this account offers:
- No monthly account service fee
- Interest rates calculated daily, paid monthly
- Free everyday banking transactions - eight per month if minimum monthly balance is under $20,000 and unlimited if minimum monthly balance is over $20,0001
- Receive up to 2.5% p.a. interest on your balance - different interest rates may apply to different portions of your balance
We're making our branches easy to access. Where possible, the design of our new and refurbished branches include:
- Power-assisted entry doors for customers with prams or wheelchairs
- Service counters at seated level
- Interview rooms at ground level
- Flexible height brochure displays
- Contrasting signage for easy recognition.
We're making our website easier for all customers by:
- Making it compatible with screen readers, screen magnifiers, voice recognition systems and other assistive devices
- Ensuring the colour contrast allows for easy reading
- Complying with W3C Web Accessibility guidelines
- Involving specialist accessibility consultants.
- Many ATMs are compatible with a standard earpiece
- Free earpieces available from any branch with an access friendly ATM
- Braille labels tell you where to plug in your earpiece, insert your card and get your cash and receipt.
If you are Deaf, or have a hearing impairment or speech impairment
You can contact us through the National Relay Service:
- TTY users phone 133 677 then ask for 132 032
- Speak and listen users phone 1300 555 727 then ask for 132 032
- Internet relay users connect to the NRS then ask for 132 032