Our strategic priorities
To meet the challenges of the current environment, and deliver on our strategy, we have a set of strategic priorities that are reviewed and refreshed each year. We will continue to manage these priorities in a balanced way with an appropriate mix of growth, return, risk and productivity.
Our strategic priorities are:
- To be the region’s best performing bank
- Manage the business in a balanced way across strength, growth, return and productivity
- Maintain strong levels of capital, to meet the needs of all our stakeholders and requirements of regulators
- Continue to enhance our funding and liquidity position, including ensuring a diversity of funding pools and optimising the composition of customer deposits
- Maintain a high quality portfolio of assets, coupled with strong provisioning.
- Provide a seamless customer experience across all channels
- Deepen relationships through context-based customer experiences
- Acquire new customers by making it simpler, easier and better for people to bank with us.
- Create a 21st century, digitised bank with multi-brand capabilities
- Simplify products and processes by digitising end-to-end
- Drive efficiency opportunities from digitisation and consolidation of systems.
- Pursue growth opportunities
- Focus on stronger growth in small to medium enterprises, wealth and Asia.
- Focus on a customer service, high performance workforce and culture
- Strengthen the skills of our people to better serve customers and meet their complete financial needs
- Empower our people to drive innovation, deliver new and improved ways of working and be responsive to change
- Continue to enhance the diversity of our workforce.