Westpac’s sponsorship budget is committed to projects well in advance.
When reviewing sponsorship requests, Westpac applies the same rigorous assessment criteria to all proposals received. This is to ascertain whether the opportunity complements our marketing strategy.
As a general rule, Westpac does not support activities where we are not granted exclusivity (i.e. as the only financial institution).
When considering sponsorship proposals, they will be measured against the below:
- Must be aligned with the business, brand and marketing objectives, brand vision, mission and values and our social impact framework
- Must be consistent with our corporate image and identity
- Must enhance the reputation of the brand in the community
- Must have the ability to engage our customers and people.
Activities that Westpac will not support include:
- Political parties
- Divisive social issues and events e.g. beauty pageants
- Denominational religions
- Organisations that are in the business of gambling, alcohol or drugs, e.g. betting agencies or manufacturers of alcoholic beverages.
Requests for sponsorship can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
When submitting a request for sponsorship, please provide the following details as a minimum:
- A one-page executive summary
- The defined target audience for your event
- A detailed outline of project and/or activity plans
- State and finish dates
- Implementation timeframes
- Location and venue lists
- Performance evaluation techniques
- Details and credentials of the sponsorship management team, including resumes
- Strategies to launch, publicise and promote the sponsorship
- Cost of sponsorship
Other things you could consider including, include:
- What is being offered to Westpac?
- Will Westpac be included in all advertising and promotion of the event?
- Ticket allocation (if applicable)
- Opportunity to present awards (if applicable)
- Opportunities to benefit our customers
- Business opportunities
- Details of other sponsors