The Salvation Army plays a vital role in our community in providing social welfare services to those in need, including:
- Counselling and chaplaincy
- Helping children and young people at risk
- Encouraging rehabilitation for addiction
- Supporting families and individuals in crisis
- Assisting victims of domestic violence.
We've been partnering with The Salvation Army for over 100 years, and more recently at their most critical times; the Christmas Appeal, Red Shield Appeal and Emergency Relief programs. This support includes financial, marketing and importantly, staff volunteers from across the country.
Additionally, The Salvation Army is often in the top 10 charities supported each year in the Westpac Group's Matching Gifts Program. This means that every dollar donated by our staff is matched dollar for dollar by the Westpac Group. Since the program began in 1999, more than $1 million has been donated by employees and the bank.