Your organisation must comply with the first 4 criteria to be eligible for a Westpac Foundation grant
1. Your organisation has, or is auspiced by an organisation that has, Deductible Gift Recipient status (DGR) Item 1 status. If you are unsure, enter your organisation’s details in the ATO ABN lookup website.
2. The program you’re seeking funding for must be based in Australia or the Pacific region (Australian Government Overseas Aid Program accredited programs based in the Pacific may be eligible to apply for a Westpac Foundation Pacific Grant).
3. The program addresses the root causes of social disadvantage through the provision of education and employment opportunities to disadvantaged groups.
4. You are not seeking funding for:
- Overseas charities
- Hospitals, hospices or medical centres
- Medical research, funding for medical equipment or medical treatments
- Rescue services
- Schools, colleges and universities
- Sponsorship or funding support for fundraising activities
- Ongoing organisational running costs
- Capital projects, major equipment appeals and refurbishments
- Projects that promote animal welfare
- Projects promoting religion
- Sponsorship requests
- General donations
- Ongoing funds for existing programs.
5. You have an interest in opportunities to strengthen your organisation through Westpac Foundation’s additional More than Money support, which can include skilled volunteering, business mentoring, organisational mentoring, financial education and program evaluation workshops.
If you meet the eligibility criteria, proceed to the grant guide to find out how to apply.