We want our community partners to be around for the long-term in order to drive lasting social change. We do this by:
- Fostering deep, long-term partnerships with our grantees to ensure their future sustainability
- Building the internal capacity of our grantees with a blend of financial and non-financial support
- Using the skills and expertise of Westpac Group staff and our social sector partners for the benefit of our grantees.
More than Money
We recognise that organisations can’t succeed through financial support alone. We believe a balance of grant funding and non-financial support is key to helping our community partners achieve long-term sustainability. All Westpac Foundation grantees will receive ‘More than Money’ support; we work in consultation with organisations to identify their unique needs and provide tailored and flexible support that taps into Westpac Group’s strengths in areas such as financial and risk management, leadership, business development, marketing, technology, human resources, and innovation
This non-financial support is just as valuable to our not-for-profit and social enterprise partners as the grant itself. Our range of More than Money support available includes:
- Business mentoring focuses on building individual capacity and enabling skills transfer from members of Westpac staff to individuals within the social enterprise. Typically a Westpac employee would mentor an individual for a period of 12 months.
- Skilled volunteering uses the skills and expertise of Westpac employees, who offer organisations on-off support in areas such as marketing, HR, finance or legal issues to help them achieve their objectives.
- Community Grant Ambassador – Local Westpac employees are matched with our grantees to help promote, fundraise, build networks and help access resources across the Westpac Group.
- Financial education provided through Westpac’s Davidson Institute, we offer a range of free live and pre-recorded money management webinars for individuals, businesses, not for profit organisations and community groups. Webinar content is accessible from a laptop, PC or smart mobile device. Pre-recorded content is available 24/7.