Westpac Added Online Security service
- Extra security when shopping online
- How it works
- How to register
- Like more information?
- Already registered?
Extra security when shopping online
By registering for MasterCard® SecureCode™, or Verified by Visa, through Westpac's Added Online Security service, your identity can be confirmed when shopping with participating online retailers in the same way you use your PIN or signature to 'authorise' transactions.
How it works
Simply register your Westpac MasterCard (credit or debit card) with MasterCard SecureCode or Westpac Visa credit card with Verified by Visa. It only takes 2 minutes. You'll be asked to set up a:
- New password
- Personal assurance message (PAM) - This isn’t another password that you need to remember; it’s a short phrase or quote you create that will appear during the online checkout process at participating online retailers (e.g. 'My favourite movie is Star Wars'). When you see your PAM, you can be sure you are shopping with a participating MasterCard SecureCode or Verified by Visa retailer and then enter your online password with confidence.
- Security question and answer.
Your password, personal assurance message and security question and answer are known only by you – they are not shared with the online retailer.
Then once registered, every time you use that card to make a purchase at a participating online retailer:
- A pop-up screen from Westpac will appear displaying your unique PAM and asking for your password
- Simply verify your unique PAM
- Then enter your password and proceed as normal with the purchase.
How to register
It's simple. Select the applicable card below then follow the 3 quick set-up steps.
You can also register when you next shop at any participating online retailer. But remember, some participating online retailers may make it a condition that you are registered with MasterCard SecureCode or Verified by Visa before they will accept your card.
Like more information?
- Call 1300 651 089 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Check out these frequently asked questions
- View the Terms and Conditions (PDF 54kb)
Things you should know
- MasterCard® is a registered trademark of MasterCard International Incorporated