Singapore Airlines Westpac Card (no longer available)
Our Singapore Airlines Westpac credit card is no longer available. See our full range of available credit cards.
KrisFlyer miles earned per $1 spent on purchases by existing Singapore Airlines Westpac Gold card holders
- 1 KrisFlyer mile - Singapore Airlines Westpac Gold American Express® Card
- 0.5 KrisFlyer miles - Singapore Airlines Westpac Gold Visa
- Earn double the usual KrisFlyer miles for every $1 spent on flights and upgrades on singaporeair.com.
- Complimentary insurance cover.
Variable interest rates
- On purchases - 19.49% p.a.
- On cash advances - 20.74% p.a.
Interest free days and more
- Up to 45 days interest free on purchases when you pay the closing balance (including any promotional balance transfer amount) in full by the due date shown on your statement
- Annual fee currently $125
- Minimum card limit $5,000.
Things you should know
Westpac Credit Cards Complimentary Insurance Policy (PDF 770kb) for purchases on and after 21 October 2012
Westpac Credit Cards Complimentary Insurance Policy (PDF 739kb) for purchases up to and including 20 October 2012
Earning KrisFlyer miles on Singapore Airlines Westpac Gold cards
The details on how and when you earn KrisFlyer miles and when they are transferred to your KrisFlyer membership account are in the Singapore Airlines Westpac Gold Credit Cards Conditions of Use.
You need to be a member of the KrisFlyer programme to earn and redeem miles. KrisFlyer programme Terms and Conditions also apply. KrisFlyer miles are not earned on balance transfers or cash advances.
Earn bonus KrisFlyer miles
- Receive 5,000 KrisFlyer miles after your first purchase using either of your cards
- Earn double the usual KrisFlyer miles when you use either of your Singapore Airlines Westpac Gold credit cards to purchase flights or upgrades in Australian dollars from singaporeair.com.
Redeem for flights
Redeem your KrisFlyer miles for flights on Singapore Airlines and more than 20 airline partners.
For more details on the Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer programme visit singaporeair.com/krisflyer.
Earning KrisFlyer miles on Singapore Airlines Westpac Gold cards
The details on how and when you earn KrisFlyer miles and when they are transferred to your KrisFlyer membership account are in the Singapore Airlines Westpac Gold Credit Cards Conditions of Use. See Details.
You need to be a member of the KrisFlyer programme to earn and redeem miles. KrisFlyer programme Terms and Conditions also apply. See Details. KrisFlyer miles are not earned on balance transfers or cash advances.
A range of complimentary insurance covers come with your card as set out in the Westpac Credit Cards Complimentary Insurance Policy in the Details.
Overseas travel insurance
For overseas trips up to 3 months, cover includes:
- Specified medical expenses incurred overseas
- Up to $15,000 per person cover for loss or damage to personal property
- Up to $550 per person for loss or damage to travel documents
- Limit of $2.5 million of personal liability cover
- Up to $5,000 rental vehicle excess cover as specified in the policy for loss or damage to rental vehicle.
You, your spouse and your dependent children could be automatically covered for Complimentary Overseas Travel Insurance cover, if before you leave you prepay travel costs using either one of your Singapore Airlines Westpac Gold credit cards in accordance with the policy. Find out more in Details.
Transit accident insurance
Up to $250,000 transit accident insurance cover against specified accidental death or injury when sustained when riding in a plane, bus, train or ferry when you have purchased the tickets for the journey using either one of your Singapore Airlines Westpac Gold credit cards before you leave.
Purchase security insurance
3 months cover against loss, theft or accidental damage for most new items purchased in Australia and overseas provided the purchase is charged to the credit card account.
Extended warranty insurance
Up to 12 months extended warranty insurance cover (in addition to the manufacturer’s expressed Australian warranty) on most new personal items purchased using your Singapore Airlines Westpac Gold credit cards.
- Add one additional cardholder (16 years or older) at no extra cost
- The account holder (primary cardholder) is liable for all transactions on these cards and their own card
- Purchases made by an additional cardholder earn KrisFlyer miles for the account holder only.
For a fast and convenient payment option for everyday purchases, Singapore Airlines Westpac Gold Visa comes with contactless technology:
- For purchases under $100, simply hold your Visa Card against the Visa payWave terminal wherever you see the payWave logo - no need to enter a PIN or sign.
As well as an embedded microchip, take advantage of additional security measures helping defend against fraudulent activity:
- Get extra security when you shop at participating retailers by registering with Verified by Visa through the Westpac Added Online Security service
- Falcon® Fraud Protection, 24/7 (unless there's a temporary systems glitch).
Credit card repayment protection
Optional credit card repayment protection insurance helps cover your card repayment obligations if you lose your job, or are unfit for work due to sickness, injury or disease.
|Fees (these may change)||Amount|
|Westpac Foreign Transaction Fee||
The sum of the Westpac Processing Fee and the Westpac On-Charged Scheme Fee displayed separately on your statement.
|Westpac Processing Fee||
We charge a fee of 2% of the Australian dollar value of any purchases or cash advances/withdrawals when the applicable credit card scheme converts the transaction from a foreign currency into Australian dollars.
|Westpac On-Charged Scheme Fee||
The credit card schemes also charge fees when processing credit card transactions made in foreign currencies. The fees are either charged during the process of converting the foreign currency amount into Australian dollars, or are charged separately to Westpac and passed on to you by us. The fees vary depending on the applicable credit card scheme:
|Cash advances/Withdrawal fee||
An administrative charge of 2% of the value of the transaction will apply to each cash advance made on your card account, where your account has a negative (debit) balance after the transaction has been posted to it. A minimum charge of $2.50 and a maximum charge of $150 will apply.
Where your account has a positive (credit) balance after the transaction has been posted to it, only a charge of $2.50 will apply.
These charges will appear on your credit card statement directly below the relevant cash advance.
|Missed payment charge||$9 may be payable each statement cycle that the whole of the minimum monthly payment is not paid by the statement due date. If charged, the Missed Payment Charge will be debited to your account.|
|Over-limit fee||If your card account was opened before 4 June 2012, a fee of $9 may be debited from your credit card account every time you exceed your credit limit during a statement cycle. It is debited from your account in that statement cycle, on or after the day(s) your credit limit is exceeded. This fee may also be charged whenever your account is over limit at the commencement of a statement cycle.|
|Duplicate statement fee||$7.50 may be debited from your credit card account if you, or an additional cardholder, order a copy of a statement that has already been issued for your account. This fee is debited from your account on or after the day you order the duplicate statement.|
For more fee information see the Singapore Airlines Westpac Gold Credit Cards Conditions of Use (PDF 415kb).
|Purchases||19.49% p.a. (variable)|
|Cash advances||20.74% p.a. (variable)|
Please feel free to contact us anytime on 1300 367 228.