Westpac ChoiceGet started
Open in less than 5 minutes
Westpac Choice account comes with the following services and features:
Westpac Debit MasterCard® 1
Terms and Conditions (PDF 527kb)
Westpac Online Banking + Mobile Banking
Terms and Conditions (PDF 130kb)
eStatements for easier banking
No monthly account fee if you deposit at least $2,000 each month (other fees may apply)
Access to over 3,000 Westpac Group ATMs in Australia and over 50,000 ATMs globally via the Global ATM Alliance2
Shop securely with our Fraud Money Back Guarantee3
Get Cash4 without your debit card from Westpac branded ATMs in Australia. Get a cash code through mobile banking or call us on 132 032
Tap and pay - pay instore using a compatible Samsung handset5.
Did you know?
New customers could fast track opening an account online by having 2 forms of Australian ID on hand.
Things you should know
Before making a decision about any of our products or services, please read all the terms and conditions. Fees and charges apply and may change.
1) Debit MasterCard holders need to be at least 16 years of age, and have an Australian residential address to be eligible for the card. If you're not eligible for a Debit MasterCard, apply for a Handycard to access your account.
2) A 3% Westpac Foreign Transaction Fee applies to overseas debit or credit card withdrawals. A 2% cash advance fee applies to credit card withdrawals where the "Credit" option is selected. A list of Global Alliance members is available at westpac.com.au/travel-centre/access-money-overseas/global-atm-alliance. Excludes American Express® cards. It is important to know that the functionality to withdraw money from a linked Westpac account via Credit Card is not available when using overseas ATMs, including Global Alliance ATMs. To ensure access to Savings and or Cheque account funds when overseas please speak to us about obtaining a Debit MasterCard®.
3) Westpac Fraud Money Back Guarantee ensures that customers will be reimbursed for any unauthorised transactions provided that the customer has not contributed to the loss and contacted Westpac promptly. Refer to the cards' terms and conditions for full details, including when a customer will be liable.
4) Eligibility criteria apply. Get up to $500 per day and a maximum of $1,000 per week.
5) Compatible mobile devices include Samsung Galaxy S5, S4 or Note 3 (N9005 model). Internet connection is needed to access Westpac Mobile Banking and to set up payment features. An eligible Westpac MasterCard® or Visa card is required. The mobile app terms and conditions apply. Normal mobile data charges apply.
MasterCard® and the MasterCard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated. American Express is a trademark of American Express. Samsung, Galaxy S and Galaxy Note are trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. Android is a trademark of Google Inc. Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.
Getting the most out of your Choice bank account
- Enjoy no monthly service fee if you deposit at least $2,000 each month (other fees may apply)
- Unlimited 24/7 access to Westpac Online Banking and Westpac Mobile Banking1:
- Save time by setting up recurring payments to pay regular bills or grow your savings
- View up to 3 years of transaction history
- With purchases using your Debit MasterCard® Fraud Money Back Guarantee2 ensures that any unauthorised transaction claims will be reimbursed provided that the cardholder has not contributed to the loss and contacted us promptly
- Can be used as a 100% interest offset account when linked to your Westpac Rocket Repay Home Loan or Rocket Investment Loan.
Things you should know
1) Check Terms and Conditions for maximum amount you can withdraw each day. Internet connection is needed. Normal internet and mobile data charges apply.
2) Refer to the Westpac Debit MasterCard® Terms and Conditions for full details of when cardholders may be liable.
|Standard fees (fees may change)||Amount|
Monthly service fee
This fee is waived if:
|$5 (unless waived)|
|Online Banking withdrawal||$0|
|Telephone Banking withdrawal (automated or staff assisted)||$0|
|Westpac, St.George, BankSA, Bank of Melbourne ATM withdrawal||$0|
|Non-Westpac, St.George, BankSA, Bank of Melbourne ATMs within Australia cash withdrawal or balance enquiry - however the ATM owner may apply an ATM operator fee||$0|
|Periodical payments (Additional fees apply for periodical payments made by bank cheque and international periodical payments)||$0|
|Branch staff assisted withdrawal||$0|
|Overseas ATM balance enquiry from a non-Global Alliance Partner ATM||$0|
|Overseas ATM balance enquiry from a Global Alliance Partner ATM||$0|
|Overseas ATM cash withdrawal from a non-Global Alliance Partner ATM||$5|
|Overseas ATM cash withdrawal from a Global Alliance Partner ATM||$0|
|Dishonour of cheques written or direct debits||$9|
|Periodical payment not made fee||$9|
|Account overdrawn fee||$9|
|Westpac Foreign Transaction Fee||Depends on transaction type - see below|
Westpac Foreign Transaction Fee
The Westpac Foreign Transaction Fee is payable and will be incorporated into the $AUD transaction amount shown on your statement. The fee charged will either be:
a) 3% of the $AUD transaction amount where a transaction is made in foreign currency and the merchant or financial institution accepting the card is located outside Australia (comprising of 2% Westpac Processing Fee plus 1% Westpac On-Charged Scheme Fee); or
b) 2.2% of the $AUD transaction amount where a transaction is made in foreign currency and the merchant or financial institution accepting the card is located in Australia (comprising of 2% Westpac Processing Fee plus 0.2% Westpac On-Charged Scheme Fee).
Global Alliance Partners
For more information on participating Global Alliance Partners in designated countries, see Accessing your accounts overseas.
Credit Cardholders who currently withdraw money from linked Westpac account via credit card, it is important to know that this functionality may not be available when using overseas ATMs, including Global Alliance ATMs. To ensure access to Savings and/or Cheque account funds when overseas please speak to us about obtaining a Debit MasterCard®. Go to our Debit MasterCard page or visit a Westpac branch. Terms and Conditions and Fees and charges may apply.